Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Exhaust

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
yeah i had a VS an it had no rear mufflers and only a small middle one. with the straight pipes.
sounded heaps loud.
i just spoke to them, and they told me they can just bolt on and run a catback setup.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
being a VE/alloytec, im not experienced with the way it should sound, but in general, most engines sound better with a straight thru type exhaust. so if the cat back type system has that center muff/hotdog/resonator just after the cat, i would go that way with straight pipes under the bum. if its too loud like that then think about a couple small hotdogs or even a couple small straight thu muffs under the bum to take the edge off it without sounding like you filled it with cotton wool.

thats my opinion.

edit: i used to work at repco, and sold plenty of lukey systems to people who wanted a little more bark that just asked for a cannon. and 90% of ppl were pleased with the result.

Last edited:

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
i went back and they took out the rezi's sounds better now and a decent amount louder. and i get no drone.
if you are looking to get work done Windsor Exhaust are awesome and cheap.
a few hundrend more and he will make it full cat back... ill do it in a few more weeks

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Much better
do YOU like it?
That's the important question.

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
Yeah thanks guys.
I do like it now, I don't think I'll bother joing on a catback setup now. I dont know if it will make much of a difference.
Maybe some bigger cams to make it more lumpy lol.

Brucey 1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2007 model
Can anyone help me and my ve sv6 enforce exhaust it sounds tinny as **** with it gets past 2 and a half rpm and it has just had 2 new hot dogs and rest straight through to the rear boxs