Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 motor in vz?

kostakii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Hi all or to anyone that could help me with my question,
Is it possible to put a ve sv6 motor (210kw) or at least the omega (195kw) motor in a vz and successfully run without any dilemmas?
i went to my mechanic and he said that there were afew problems in regards to this that apparently the configuration or something along the lines of that, dont correspond to a vz. Id like to know if this is possible to do, im sick of my 172kw motor as ive also done almost 240,000k's and is not worth working on. please someone get back to me as im keen to start on this ASAP. Thanks in advance..

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Um no it would cost you an absolute fortune. It would be cheaper to buy an ss

kostakii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
hrmm so what do you propose considering i dont get my full license for another 3 n a half years?? and if i get an 8 ill get shafted nicely, ive been on my red p's for 3 years now lol.Now do i work on my motor, re-build it etc? or something else? im really confused as to what to do and i simply want more power.. :)

kostakii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
i do want to do that even if i cant put any of the ve ones in but even so, the vz sv6 motor still causes complications to the computer and makes all the dash lights come up and they dont go away, in some cases doesn't allow the car to start. Apparently its been done before to some vz's and this is the verdict. :S

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Or be smart enjoy the car you have save up the money you would wasted on a motor transplant and get a new car when your on your opens. Easy.

kostakii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Does sound like a good thing to do but i appreciate my car at the moment enough to do some significent work to it, plus i dont get off my p's almost for another 3 n a half years and even if it loses it sentimental value as a car cause of what ever work i decide to do to it than so be it. I just want my car to put in the back of my seat :D

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Does sound like a good thing to do but i appreciate my car at the moment enough to do some significent work to it, plus i dont get off my p's almost for another 3 n a half years and even if it loses it sentimental value as a car cause of what ever work i decide to do to it than so be it. I just want my car to put in the back of my seat :D

Drive up some steep hills.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
hrmm so what do you propose considering i dont get my full license for another 3 n a half years?? and if i get an 8 ill get shafted nicely, ive been on my red p's for 3 years now lol.Now do i work on my motor, re-build it etc? or something else? im really confused as to what to do and i simply want more power.. :)

You have been on your P's for 3 years, and still have 3 and a half years to go?

Sounds like your a ~good~ driver.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah no Holden 6 has ever put me back in the seat without serious work.