Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ute install

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
not answer what amp you should get but a quick google search shows Kicker appear to only have three 2 channel amps in their current range:
(KICKER | Amplifiers)

- DX125.2 - 2 x 30w at 4ohm
- KX200.2 - 2 x 50w at 4 ohm
- IQ500.2 - 2 x 125w at 4 ohm

you are getting 4ohm speakers that handle 100w, you need as close to that a possible (either higher or lower) to get the most of this.
nb: the IQ500.2 is going to close closer to double than your current budget...

have you paid any money / deposit to this store yet?
does this store sell any other brands besides Kicker?
did they recommend any other packages?

maybe see if they're got a good combo in the 50-80w (being both speakers and amp)?

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
i have already paid a deposit of $250. i would like to stick to those speakers and the store said this combo best matched my budget and said the amp is well suited to the speakers so i just agreed assuming he knew best.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Not the end of the world mate, the amp is really easy to change once all the wiring's there. That's providing that the wiring is adequate for a higher powered amp.

Make sure they use at least 8 gauge wire for the amp. If they aren't, do what it takes to get your money back from them and find someone else to do the install. From what you've told us already, it doesn't sound like they really know what they're doing.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Just get them to switch the amp for a more powerful one. Better than paying for that weak one now then getting another.

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Yeah they are using 8 gauge wiring kit to do it all so that will be right might just tell them to use a better amp. will this one cut it or should i go 4 channel? KICKER | KX200.2 Amplifier;

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Only talking kicker cause i know they stock them, I will have to ask what else they have

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Kinda odd that Kicker don't make their speakers support 2ohm.

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
I dont really get this 2ohm 4ohm stuff and how the wattages change but i am messaging my installer and says they have got a few more powerful amps in stock so what wattage and ohm am i specifically after?