Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Window Tint

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Not all of us do this you know ... :bang:

.... we have a name for those ******* ( Badoo = ... well ... they "drove" a camel before a car )

and by the way that type of drifting is mentioned in Wikipedia !!

check it out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_(motorsport)

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Colored Tint

I have seen a couple of cars with window tinting that has a color running through the tint at the bottom of the side window..does anyone know if anywhere in Melbourne does this type of tint?

Cheers

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have seen a couple of cars with window tinting that has a color running through the tint at the bottom of the side window..does anyone know if anywhere in Melbourne does this type of tint?

Cheers

like this you mean

DSC00132.jpg

yep Top Tint in mornington did mine (web site) Car Tinting - Top Tint Vehicle Tinting - Mornington - Melbourne

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
on the subject of tints - is there a big difference in choosing a 20 (illegal) tint over the 35 (legal)? Would i have trouble seeing things at night with the darker tint?
And would it be a problem with insurance, if i let them know i got my windows tinted (do i have to tell them what type of tint?)

If it's illegal then the isn't roadworthy. If it ain't roadworthy, you're not insured. Least that's how it works in the UK and I assume it's the same here. Insurance companies will look for any excuse to avoid payouts so why take the chance?
I got the darkest legal tint on mine and it's grouse - you can't see in through the side windows until you get really close. The windscreen doesn't get touched (least as afar as I can tell) so there's no problem seeing out the front. The rear view can be harder, but if people use their headlights properly there's no problem - the wing is much more an issue actually.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais

dockers81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 VE
Hi all :) i just had my new VE tinted yesterday by Tint-a-Car and both of my back windows are 10mm short of the centre panel (you can visiblyt see where the tint stops). Has anyone else had this drama??? I was told that the film cannot get any closer to the edge of the glass... Any help would be fantastic :)

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
I have a WM Caprice with tint and the tint covers all of the glasses. The rears go all the way to the pillar. My rear windows would be longer than yours, so there's no argument that the tint wouldn't reach...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
If it's illegal then the isn't roadworthy. If it ain't roadworthy, you're not insured. Least that's how it works in the UK and I assume it's the same here. Insurance companies will look for any excuse to avoid payouts so why take the chance?

terrific post... saved me typing it all out! :)

insurance companies are a business. they pay their assessors A LOT of money pa to try and find a way to not have to pay out. They are looking for any technicality... rims 1" bigger than they should be, tint that is too dark, not enough ground clearance, engine mods.... anything. Anything at all to not have to pay out (or at minimum serverely lower the payout).

Unroadworthy = Uninsured.

Is it really worth having 22" fully sick bling bling chromies or black as night tint (mirror or colour shaded illegal too in NSW btw), if they void your insurance and then you need to pay for that Merc and the drivers busted back for the rest of your life?