Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle speed sensor a

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
I have an 09 Ve omega 4 speed. The transmission was playing up really bad, slipping and clunking when changing gears. Took it to the mechanics and he said I needed to replace the vss output sensor and it was going to cost around $1500 because it was inside the gearbox. After a few hours or reading the repair manual we actually found out it's on the outside of the box. I replaced that and it's still changing a bit rough especially between 1&2 but it'll change fine when it's under load.. Anyone got a clue what's wrong? Also if anyone could point me to where the input vss location is would be great!
How many kms have you done and have you changed the fluid in ur transmission at all ?

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
Hi Smithky, Did you ever get a diagnostic solution to your P0500 error code and the Cruise Control not activating? Have exactly the same thing over the last week on my VE Calais V. Cheers
Hey man turns out my brake switch had moved which caused my brake lights to stay on all the time and cruise control to turn off and error codes to come on common problem apparently so fix the switch have not had a issue since

Addie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
It has 206000km has been serviced like 3 times and had a full flush done shortly

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Input VSS is internal

pierre hanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore berlina 1999 model
Can you replace without removing the gearbox.