Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEII SS Fuel Pressure

PNR51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon MY12
Hi All. Just wondering if anyone knows specs for fuel pressure? Also if anyone knows what the fuel pressure bleed down spec should be i.e what the fuel pressure should settle at after shut down over a period of time?

Im having cold start issues and have had injectors checked and think it may be fuel pressure draining back to tank over 10 hours plus (drop in fuel pressure due to faulty regulator).

Thought it may have been the tune, but have had it re-tuned by a reputable tuner (different to first tune) and problem still exists.

PNR51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon MY12
Always have run BP98. Occasionally run E85 but havent for some time now.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
after ten hours fuel pressure would be very low , I would be checking for fuel pump priming on starting , or consider dribbling injectors , does it blow black smoke from cold start ?

PNR51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon MY12
after ten hours fuel pressure would be very low , I would be checking for fuel pump priming on starting , or consider dribbling injectors , does it blow black smoke from cold start ?

Ive removed injectors and had them bench tested for fuel delivery and leak down. Held pressure for 3 hours and he said delivery was as good as hes ever seen in VE injectors, so I know its not dribble. Fuel prime doesnt appear to be an issue as you can hear the pump priming. It starts perfectly every start untill sitting for about 10 hours plus. Starts, stutters, then ramps up and runs normally.

Morphve

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS 2007
Hi guys I am having the same issue , new injectors , running 98 only on 1st start up and runs likes it’s on 6 cyl instead of 8 clears up after about 3-5 seconds. Did you have any luck correcting this ?

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Stop running BP Ultimate - In times gone by, I religiously ran BP Ultimate and was forever querying why my car was always coughing and farting on start up...
Turns out their dirt busting formula is predominately made up of ethanol

Switched to Mobil synergy 8000 at 7/11 - never had a cold start drama since!

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Did anyone find the issue? I have the exact same issue.

Vf2 ssv redline stock 2016 72,000km

Is it normal for these cars to have a slower ignition start when they’ve been sitting in the garage for the weekend (last driven Friday arvo then started Monday morning)?

From Monday morning right throughout the week it starts strong again.

Had my battery replaced not too long ago and it tested 800 CCA so it’s fine. Mechanic said it’s normal and something to do with the fuel lines? Always run 98 fuel.

Thanks.

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Hi guys I am having the same issue , new injectors , running 98 only on 1st start up and runs likes it’s on 6 cyl instead of 8 clears up after about 3-5 seconds. Did you have any luck correcting this ?
Find the problem?

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Ive removed injectors and had them bench tested for fuel delivery and leak down. Held pressure for 3 hours and he said delivery was as good as hes ever seen in VE injectors, so I know its not dribble. Fuel prime doesnt appear to be an issue as you can hear the pump priming. It starts perfectly every start untill sitting for about 10 hours plus. Starts, stutters, then ramps up and runs normally.
Find the problem?