Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vents

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
:thumbsup: can i take the vents out of the rear sonsole with out taking it apart?......do the vent in the rear of the cons poop out........................like they do in the old gemini......and if so what the easiest way to take them out....thamks heaps...........................cheers......tony

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
does any one know?

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Umm yeah. If you mean the air-con vents that sit at the rear of the centre console (facing toward rear seats) then Yes I have removed these. They clip in at top & bottom with a little plastic joint so they can swivel. I just VERY carefully popped one side out using a flat-head screwdriver. The plastic can become brittle (especially with age) and break easily & it also scratches easily when using a screwdriver so just be gentle and you should be right!

I removed mine cause i knelt onto one and bent the little flaps that open/close the flow of air. Then i just straightened them up and carefully popped it back in. Good as new.

Last edited:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
could i take the whole vent out and then do the repairs to the sliders that run left to right????

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Yep thats what I did. If you pull out each vent it then a lot easier to work on the little sliders that run left to right.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
THANKS mitch im going out to give it a shot now................ill let ya know how i went............................cheers

BULL.nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 3.8ltr V6 VT Olympic Commodore
getting stuff out of vent

My lovely youngest son decided he would play wit hthe vent fins and ended up unclipping them :mad: . Problem is i am missing one of the fins now and think it may have dropped inside the vent area down the side into the abyss.

Is there some way to take it apart to check for pieces or any bright ideas??
Do you think a vaccum may suck out the plastic fin?

Cheers
Danny

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
you can unclipp the rear vents im not sure how to do it,,,,but im told its very easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ill see what i can find out and ill get back to you asap.........................cheeers.............tony

BULL.nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 3.8ltr V6 VT Olympic Commodore
OK i managed to unclip both the rear vents, still didnt let me into the holes where the air comes out.

So i then proceeded to dismantle the whole centre console. This took me a while until i realised i needed to take out the electric windows switches to be able to get the bugger out.

Took it all out, shook the hell out of the thing but nothing seemed to be down in the vents.

So after about 3 hrs of taking it to bits just to find that it wasnt in their i was a bit gutted.

Put it all together again - the only bonus was finding a $2 coin under my seat.

Guess im now off to the local parts store to see if i can purchase a replacement vent fin.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
TRY THE WRECKRES......if you in melbourne try pick a part...................