Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very rough idle!!!!

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Attaboy, i'm in your shoes EXACTLY! Exactly the same scenario with me. If you accelerate real hard off the mark, you'll feel the car shake in higher revs (that's the engine mounts, i have that problem). The responsiveness, rough idle and economy problem i'm putting down to either injectors or possibly a vaccuum leak or exhaust leak from manifold because of the engine mounts being stuffed etc. My next service i will be getting both injectors and engine mounts done for sure, as i'm rolling in the cash now i gotst a kick ass job :) I will keep you updated as to how things went. I may look at getting a set of pacemakers with y-pipe installed along with high flo cat. Does anyone know anywhere in south east Melb that can do that for me at a real good price? (i.e. close to glenwaverley, mulgrave, oakleigh, clayton etc).

Cheers guys, will keep yas updated.
Boojakz.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Attaboy, i'm in your shoes EXACTLY! Exactly the same scenario with me. If you accelerate real hard off the mark, you'll feel the car shake in higher revs (that's the engine mounts, i have that problem). The responsiveness, rough idle and economy problem i'm putting down to either injectors or possibly a vaccuum leak or exhaust leak from manifold because of the engine mounts being stuffed etc. My next service i will be getting both injectors and engine mounts done for sure,

Cheers guys, will keep yas updated.
Boojakz.

Good luck please let me know how it goes.
I hate when Sh*t happens to our cars and that it seems like that there is like a million possibilities that make it go wrong. And then you fork out some cash and the problem is still bloody there!!!:bang:
Ain't cars are so complex these days!!

Last edited:

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
Looks like im in the same boat

Mine starts funny as,

Turn the key over some times, CLASH, low rev low rev, (almost stalling) then normal for like a second, then rough idle,

No lost in power, not that i think anyway,

but i have changed,

CRANK ANGLE, 3 coil packs, leads (Top Guns), plugs (bosch super 6), air and fuel filters, last week after reading this forum been run on BP utlimate, Engine mounts

Not a big difference,

Im going to check for vaccuum leaks next and IAC cleaning,

I had an old fart look at my injectors about a month ago when I got the AC regased he said they hooked them up and said they were fine

but over the last 2 week I can hear a super high pitch sound from the fuel tank (pump)

might have anything to do with it