Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Auto gear changing after tune

jfarrugia98

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 - 08 VE SV6
Hey all,

Just got my VF SS S1 taken to the tuner today for a tune after a few mods. The tuner called to ask how I wanted the auto trans to perform and I just said I wanted it a bit more snappy on the shifts.

So i’ve picked up the car and I notice now that when upshifting it seems to not be sudden on upshifts and doesn’t ‘crackle’ anymore, when it’s about to shift it maintains the revs and then slowly eases down into the next gear, as opposed to before where it would almost instantly drop the revs into the next gear. I notice this is a lot more evident from 1-2 but does it through every other gear as well

I miss the little crackles it did when it would upshift but the box does seems to be a bit more responsive when i put my foot down. I’m just wondering if anyone else has had their box tuned and had the same scenario? Cheers.

jfarrugia98

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 - 08 VE SV6
In case anyone ever stumbles on the same sort of scenario.

Turned out the initial tuner completely turned off torque management in the transmission tuning, from what i’ve heard a complete no-no with these boxes. Have since had it retuned elsewhere and all is well.

Reactions: Lex