Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Can anyone please advise how to remove the glove-box on a VF series2? I saw another post saying there are 4 x bolts but I can't see any screws or bolts? Thanks

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
There’s bolts across the top and the bottom, as mentioned in the guides around the place, remove the trim piece above the glovebox and the bolts will be visible on top. Bottom one can be accessed as is.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Can anyone please advise how to remove the glove-box on a VF series2? I saw another post saying there are 4 x bolts but I can't see any screws or bolts? Thanks

Have a look at these

IMG_0870.PNG IMG_0871.PNG IMG_0872.PNG IMG_0873.PNG

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
There’s bolts across the top and the bottom, as mentioned in the guides around the place, remove the trim piece above the glovebox and the bolts will be visible on top. Bottom one can be accessed as is.

Have a look at these

Thanks guys - I didn't realise the trims had to come off

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
Anyone know where the DOC fuse location is. Stupid mistake when I made the wiring all the same length. Side cutters make a good bridge.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
Anyone know where the fuse is?

Oh and the pulling off of the door seal makes it very easy. No risk at all of breaking anything and very quick.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Any one know the max amps of the DOC connector? I've currently got a dash cam and a genuine electronic dimming rear view mirror fitted to this connector and im looking at adding a UHF radio.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
From memory its a 10amp fuse.
Would not trust it to power a UHF radio, but a relay could be used to switch it so its off when the vehicles ignition is too.
Would be best to wire it to the battery in the boot and hide the wires down the center console, under the carpet between the seats and run it under the rear seat (seat just clips in) and then straight into the boot via one of the access holes on the side. (remove boot carpet around battery if unsure)

Place some split tubing on any parts of the wires that run near metal so they don't get damaged, and jobs done like a professional.

Also, what would you be doing about the antenna?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
From memory its a 10amp fuse.
Would not trust it to power a UHF radio, but a relay could be used to switch it so its off when the vehicles ignition is too.
Would be best to wire it to the battery in the boot and hide the wires down the center console, under the carpet between the seats and run it under the rear seat (seat just clips in) and then straight into the boot via one of the access holes on the side. (remove boot carpet around battery if unsure)

Place some split tubing on any parts of the wires that run near metal so they don't get damaged, and jobs done like a professional.

Also, what would you be doing about the antenna?
Thanks stockies. With regards to the antenna I am using a glass mounted one

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I'm running a dash cam, and 2 radio's from it.
And as stockies said from memory its a 10amp fuse.
Standard uhf radio draws 2 Amps max, dash cams 0.5 - 2 Amps, so you will be ok.
You got it easy going with an on-glass antenna, a real pain to go with an external wired antenna.