Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I'm running a dash cam, and 2 radio's from it.
And as stockies said from memory its a 10amp fuse.
Standard uhf radio draws 2 Amps max, dash cams 0.5 - 2 Amps, so you will be ok.
You got it easy going with an on-glass antenna, a real pain to go with an external wired antenna.
Thanks CalaisNQ, yeah I don't need super long range so I think a glass mount aerial is gonna suit me fine

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I'm running a dash cam, and 2 radio's from it.
And as stockies said from memory its a 10amp fuse.
Standard uhf radio draws 2 Amps max, dash cams 0.5 - 2 Amps, so you will be ok.
You got it easy going with an on-glass antenna, a real pain to go with an external wired antenna.
My UHF draws more than that... but then again its a commercial unit which I have the "brains" mounted in the boot, through a relay switched by a RAP fuse in the boot.

Also an external antenna is easy from the boot. I have a boot mounted one, very easy to slip into the cargo area and if you need to run it to the front it's dead easy.

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
The one in the boot, above the battery please
_20180112_173609.JPG

_20180112_174201.JPG

Well I don't have a boot, but this is behind the passenger seat.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ok, Pulled the documentation we have at work for the VF commodore. Only have the series 1 stuff, but it shows that the ignition in the DOC plug is 10amps (RAP ACCY) fuse circuit and the 12volt constant is part of the ECU fuse circuit (10-amp ECM BATT)
For those requiring a switched ignition supply in the boot - try the EMER/VEH/ACCY) fuse location.

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
Ok, Pulled the documentation we have at work for the VF commodore. Only have the series 1 stuff, but it shows that the ignition in the DOC plug is 10amps (RAP ACCY) fuse circuit and the 12volt constant is part of the ECU fuse circuit (10-amp ECM BATT)
For those requiring a switched ignition supply in the boot - try the EMER/VEH/ACCY) fuse location.

Thankyou. When the storm passes il have a look at the ecm batt fuse again as that would be the one I stuffed up.