Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore locked in

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Looks like a VEII with a new bumper cover. My information says think Cruze with respect to front end treatment. Will translate easy to the chevy grille design for NA exports.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Bugger, it's too big a file to download and attach. Go out and buy Wheels tomorrow. It does have Cruze elements in the styling.

Woops. Got it. Hope it works.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_crop.jpg
    IMG_0001_crop.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 38,240
Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, the grille is Aurion-like. In the article, the tail-lights seem to be a similar shape as the VE, but narrower from top to bottom and the front guard flares have been pulled right in.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bugger, it's too big a file to download and attach. Go out and buy Wheels tomorrow. It does have Cruze elements in the styling.

Woops. Got it. Hope it works.

Smoooooth lines...could be a winner for me. Thats my main disliek for the VE shape it is very "chunky" too many straight edges. That scan has a smooth flow.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The article is well worth reading. There are other views, including three quarter front and rear shots, which clearly show how much better integrated the front end sheet metal is. Those awful rabbit ears flares on the front guards are pulled right in and the front indicators are an interesting horizontal "J" shape. It appears that the rear three quarter panels may also have been altered, which makes for an expensive face lift, as the VE uses single pressing side panels.

I know this is only an artist's impression, but it is difficult to criticize the design on any detail.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
lets hope they fix up one major problem. the A Pillars.
been in and driven a VE Calais and it creates a massive blind spot just waiting on people to be hit/killed because they werent seen

Seriously, the amount of bitching over the pillar visibility is completely moot when you see the fu#Kwads with GPS sets practically in their face.

Also, I thin youll find the rabbit ear fenders are still there - its a wide angle lens photo.