Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Sportwagon Towbar Options - Sydney

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
1530kg + items packed/gas/etc will get close to the 2100kg maximum I'd imagine. It's fine as long as you're using the right gear matched up together and check the ball weight (no greater than 10% of total weight). Being a monocoque shell though, no it's not a great design for towing. You're better off with a proper ladder frame chassis vehicle if you're going to tow a lot of weight regularly.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
1530kg + items packed/gas/etc will get close to the 2100kg maximum I'd imagine. It's fine as long as you're using the right gear matched up together and check the ball weight (no greater than 10% of total weight). Being a monocoque shell though, no it's not a great design for towing. You're better off with a proper ladder frame chassis vehicle if you're going to tow a lot of weight regularly.

Yeah, I keep thinking I should find a weighbridge and check it out. I also saw a Ball weight scales advertised somewhere recently for about $60 (might have been Repco?). So far I haven't been more than 500Km from home, and I don't tow regularly, but I am conscious that I wouldn't want to tow anything heavier than this with a Commodore.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Yeah I think it's a massive rip!

Spoke to Carasel (did my last towbar), $638 for tongue style including fitting.

Going with that instead as I cannot justify the additional for something removable (never took my old hitch style one off my last car).

Hey Neevo. did you have any issues with the Carasel installation and towbar.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Hey Neevo. did you have any issues with the Carasel installation and towbar.

None at all. Was a great price and it's been faultless all this time. I've had 2 too with my old VE and my newer VF too.