Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF HSV DRL/Fog light wiring loom to SS wiring loom

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yep know all about that, but thought maybe there migth be something that is plug and play from HSV

Hsv would just program the bcm to dim them and you will probably find that no dealer will program your bcm to do it but it is worth a shot to ask them.

ATLRGEMALOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS / MALOO
oh are you , nice one . iv worked out everything now i believe , got an exel spreadsheet with the wires written out and what it corresponds to . theres one wire i couldn't work out , although both looms have it , its a 'White+grey " wire , i will match it up anyway .

there is a thread on here which talks about the dimming , there is a harness on eBay , iv mentioned it a few comments back . i will be purchasing that and using it to do the dimming function , but ill tackle it later on as I'm just interested in getting the bar on and having the fog+DRLs and sensors all working properly . Also a lot of other members have run into the flickering problem , in the DIY section you should have a look . some one else tried it on a few cars and got it sorted no flickers . good luck :)

good to hear some one else has it done - means theres hope lol.
Hey mate do you happen to have that spreadsheet hand? I have the original vf ss parking sensor loom plugged into the vf series 2 hsv bar the 2 wire plug you wired into the 3 wire hsv drl’s?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hey mate do you happen to have that spreadsheet hand? I have the original vf ss parking sensor loom plugged into the vf series 2 hsv bar the 2 wire plug you wired into the 3 wire hsv drl’s?
All the HSV loom has, is a wire from the positive (12 volt) side of the park light globe wires to the 3rd DRL wire (dim input). The bright side uses the SS DRL wire and other wire is an earth circuit. The HSV DRL's dim with park/headlights on as they're a dual circuit LED. SS DRL's are single circuit.

ATLRGEMALOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS / MALOO
All the HSV loom has, is a wire from the positive (12 volt) side of the park light globe wires to the 3rd DRL wire (dim input). The bright side uses the SS DRL wire and other wire is an earth circuit. The HSV DRL's dim with park/headlights on as they're a dual circuit LED. SS DRL's are single circuit.
Hi RevNev

So the 2 standard wires from the ss loom (positive and earth) attach to 2 of the wires on the hsv. The third wire on the hsv side of the drl runs to the parking bulb for the dimming function?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So the 2 standard wires from the ss loom (positive and earth) attach to 2 of the wires on the hsv. The third wire on the hsv side of the drl runs to the parking bulb for the dimming function?
Yes, that's correct!

ATLRGEMALOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS / MALOO
Yes, that's correct!
It’s the purple wire that runs to the parking light from what I can see.

Appreciate the help mate. Also about to do the hsv mode dial and firmware flash on the abs module too.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
t’s the purple wire that runs to the parking light from what I can see.
I'm not sure of the wire colours, I just powered the DRL up on both wires to find the dim circuit.

paigeor

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Walkinshaw
oh are you , nice one . iv worked out everything now i believe , got an exel spreadsheet with the wires written out and what it corresponds to . theres one wire i couldn't work out , although both looms have it , its a 'White+grey " wire , i will match it up anyway .

there is a thread on here which talks about the dimming , there is a harness on eBay , iv mentioned it a few comments back . i will be purchasing that and using it to do the dimming function , but ill tackle it later on as I'm just interested in getting the bar on and having the fog+DRLs and sensors all working properly . Also a lot of other members have run into the flickering problem , in the DIY section you should have a look . some one else tried it on a few cars and got it sorted no flickers . good luck :)

good to hear some one else has it done - means theres hope lol.
Would i be able to please have a copy of the spreadsheet? cheers