Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Mylink DVD

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
And then if you turn the car off it only works for a few minutes. Other than wank factor, I can't think of a reason for it.

I never used it in my last car and I can't see myself using it again in this one.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Its impossible to watch a DVD while driving the car. The car has to be stationary in park or neutral before the DVD will allow it.

Only the screen on the head unit, the rear screen(s) still work when the car's in motion, I assume that this is what the OP is using.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
And then if you turn the car off it only works for a few minutes. Other than wank factor, I can't think of a reason for it.

I never used it in my last car and I can't see myself using it again in this one.
We'll... I disagree !
My vf ute makes for a great little home theatre. I actually have an awesome home theatre in the house with a fantastic ,big flat screen TV and a Dali surround system as well as some room treatment.
But I love my new vf ute, I've loved all 4 of the new holden utes that I've had and this one is the first with a DVD player.
This is what I do, I have what I call a "ute party" whenever the mood takes me.
It goes like this, drive down to the brewery ,grab a six pack of pale ale, drive home and park in the garage,close the roller door. Insert fav music dvd, tonight I was watching a few tracks from the ACDC family jewels dvd. Shut down the engine then, without your foot on the brake,hold down the start button til it switches into accessories mode and play your dvd, adjust your tone and fader balance to suit, drink the beer and enjoy your new vf,the beer ,the music and life!
I did this for about 45 mins tonight, in accessories mode ithe mylink timer is bypassed, it just keeps playing.
I do this because I love being in my ute,love the seats, love the way music sounds in there etc etc. I wouldn't watch a movie in there, it's just about music and alcohol for me..party!
It would be nice if Holden were to make a mylink update that offered a "drive in mode" that would allow you to sit in your car with the engine off and listen to the radio,cd,DVD or whatever for as long as you want,whilst turning off the dash lights,and temp,fuel gauges to help conserve battery voltage. Wouldn't be too hard for them to add a pop up warning on the screen when battery voltage is getting dangerously low and initiate a shutdown...maybe I will write to them and suggest this,couldn't hurt to try...anyway this little work around works just fine. I love my ute parties,
Here's a tip though, never invite your missus to your ute party....she will just wanna keep turning down the volume " so we can talk" Groan!! You can invite a mate to your ute party though...that works ok..