Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline Brakes Part numbers

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
^ No chance they’ve given you rear pads for a VF1?
No definitely VF redline rears (along with numerous other models like FPV etc).

To look at they are identical, until you measure with a vernier.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
So I ended up buying the genuine rotors from Holden parts, with the help of a mate in the game, so fitted up the new front rotors and Intima SR Pads this morning, no issues. Despite Holden service saying both needed to be replaced immediately, I have done a further 10000km since then, and on inspection the front pads were still roadworthy albeit low.

Went to do the rears, and the pads have even more material on them than the fronts, but was going to replace anyway, but went to put the new Intima SR pads in and they won't fit. Length wise they are about 1mm too long, and just will not fit in the caliper at all. They are the same shape in all respects as the genuine factory ones except the backing plate is ever so slightly larger.
Anyone have any ideas? Manufacturing error or defect? Maybe the factory ones had been filed down a bit?
Not sure what to do... or worst case scenario, what brand of rear pads to buy as replacement?

If u are in a hurry, file them down and use plenty of copper paste so they slide in/out without issues.

If not take them back for replacement.

OE Factory pads fit perfectly, have changed a few in the last year.

I guess Aftermarket tolerances not as strict as OE.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No definitely VF redline rears (along with numerous other models like FPV etc).
I’m being anal here … but … I asked if they were maybe VF1 rears & you’ve said “no definitely VF rears” … you for-sure mean VF2, do you?
Because VF2 are different to VF.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If u are in a hurry, file them down and use plenty of copper paste so they slide in/out without issues.

If not take them back for replacement.

OE Factory pads fit perfectly, have changed a few in the last year.

I guess Aftermarket tolerances not as strict as OE.
If the tolerance of the backing plate is so poor as to not fit, what’s the likelihood that the co position of the mix the friction material is made of or the glue that bonds the pad material to the backing plate has the same great quality control?

I‘d not want being in a hurry result in installing potentially unsafe brake pads… so I’d just send them back and get some better quality product that fit well without issue.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’m being anal here … but … I asked if they were maybe VF1 rears & you’ve said “no definitely VF rears” … you for-sure mean VF2, do you?
Because VF2 are different to VF.
Is there a difference between VF 1 and VF 2 Brembo rears?

Every parts site just has VF Redline Front / Rear.

The pad design is exactly the same as the factory one, except for the length being slightly out.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a difference between VF 1 and VF 2 Brembo rears?

Every parts site just has VF Redline Front / Rear.

The pad design is exactly the same as the factory one, except for the length being slightly out.
VF1 doesn’t have Brembo rears; so depending on the wording of the place you‘ve got ‘em from, if you’ve bought rears for a “VF“ they’re not going to suit a “VF2”.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I haven’t fitted them yet, but I have purchased replaced rotors and pads for my car.

Rather than go strictly Holden-OEM with the rotors and pads, I decided to go Brembo-OEM instead.

For example, the front pads (Holden 92277173) are made by Brembo and have Brembo pads 2x 07871558 and 2x 07871559 as part of the kit. If you look up Brembo P10064N and look up the technical specifications sheet, it lists them as replacements for GM 92277173 (and well as for many others).

The P10064Ns have the anti-squeal weights, and also have the acoustic wear-limit thingos too. There is a difference in the backing pad. The Holden/GM ones have a corner cut off the backing pads (so they have to be fitted in a particular way), whereas the Brembo ones have full backing pads (and can be fitted any way).

I‘m not sure about the difference in the actual compounds. The Holden ones have HP1000 whereas the P10064N use NAO.

Price difference is impressive… Holden ~$480 per set (fronts), whereas the Brembo ~ $225 (both are eBay prices).

If anyone is interested, the equivalent for the rears is P11024N

I just went with DBA T3 for the rotors.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
I haven’t fitted them yet, but I have purchased replaced rotors and pads for my car.

Rather than go strictly Holden-OEM with the rotors and pads, I decided to go Brembo-OEM instead.

For example, the front pads (Holden 92277173) are made by Brembo and have Brembo pads 2x 07871558 and 2x 07871559 as part of the kit. If you look up Brembo P10064N and look up the technical specifications sheet, it lists them as replacements for GM 92277173 (and well as for many others).

The P10064Ns have the anti-squeal weights, and also have the acoustic wear-limit thingos too. There is a difference in the backing pad. The Holden/GM ones have a corner cut off the backing pads (so they have to be fitted in a particular way), whereas the Brembo ones have full backing pads (and can be fitted any way).

I‘m not sure about the difference in the actual compounds. The Holden ones have HP1000 whereas the P10064N use NAO.

Price difference is impressive… Holden ~$480 per set (fronts), whereas the Brembo ~ $225 (both are eBay prices).

If anyone is interested, the equivalent for the rears is P11024N

I just went with DBA T3 for the rotors.
Interesting to note the factory originals are a Ferrodo pad too.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 doesn’t have Brembo rears; so depending on the wording of the place you‘ve got ‘em from, if you’ve bought rears for a “VF“ they’re not going to suit a “VF2”.
Definitely specified REDLINE Brembo rears. The caliper is the same for Ford FPV, Jaguar and others.
To look at they are exactly the same, until you go to fit them.

I used the same brand for the fronts, with no issues. They don't have the counterweight however not all brands do.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely specified REDLINE Brembo rears. The caliper is the same for Ford FPV, Jaguar and others.
To look at they are exactly the same, until you go to fit them.

I used the same brand for the fronts, with no issues. They don't have the counterweight however not all brands do.
As long as you definitely specified “Brembo Redline” rears … VF1 Redline doesn’t have Brembo rears but has Brembo fronts.
eg. if you were to choose “VF Redline” as opposed to “VF2 Redline”, the system should have sent you front pads for Brembos but rear pads for whatever the generic GM discs were.