Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's interesting re the handling. I know the VF2's are softer in the rear than the VF1 SSVR but I thought that had improved handling via a repositioned sway bar? Personally I love the handling of mine. It hunkers down when hard cornering with sure footed grip and great steering. Power oversteer is there if I choose too. It just invokes confidence. The ride is nice too for such a good handling large car. Sure I could put after market coil overs on, but I don't feel the need.

I'm looking forward to round two FLo Rida!
P.S If you're worried about traction with the lowered springs / coil overs affecting your ET, just deflate your tyres a little to add more grip.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Thanks for the advice Cuda. The strip was so grippy I turned the TC off for my last run and got the quickest time and traction wasn't a problem but if it does become one after the lowering I'll definately drop pressures. I ran the last event at 40 psi which is standard for 20's. How much would you lower the tyre pressure if it starts spinning?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Round 2 is coming up on the 10th Feb at Willowbank. Just 2 cars my w375 and the fgx xr8 after it goes to Tekno this week for a tune and new CAI. For $2600 my XR8 mate has been told he'll get 100 extra rwkw! Apparently he gets a handset with 3different modes on it. Compared to the other tuners upgrade packages it seems they have their own formula to pull 100 kW without a fuel pump upgrade which they others seem to do to get that much more ponies. Either way it will be hard to beat and it should be considering the cost of both upgraded cars the FGX is 5k more.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Thank's Oz,

Tuned XR8 with no other mod's should make around 360rwkw maybe more run flat 12's or high 11's @118mph.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sounds like you might have your work cut out for you Flo Rida. Hey, don't forget it's not only the extra $ the FGX + tune cost, its force fed too!!!! It's always going to be tough for a similar sized N/A car to compete with a tuned forced induction car, even with 1200cc's in its favour. Give it your best shot, better still: know anyone with a sneaky tuned LSA? :boxing:

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Round 2 is coming up on the 10th Feb at Willowbank. Just 2 cars my w375 and the fgx xr8 after it goes to Tekno this week for a tune and new CAI. For $2600 my XR8 mate has been told he'll get 100 extra rwkw! Apparently he gets a handset with 3different modes on it. Compared to the other tuners upgrade packages it seems they have their own formula to pull 100 kW without a fuel pump upgrade which they others seem to do to get that much more ponies. Either way it will be hard to beat and it should be considering the cost of both upgraded cars the FGX is 5k more.

The 3 tunes are usually, stock (to return it to stock), the tune, and valet tune (to limit the RPM) when leaving it with other drivers.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Looked at a FGX XR8 two weekends ago. $54900 drive away at 1.9% finance. Still couldn't bring myself to buy it... to bland inside! Haha.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Xcal4 can hold 10 tunes, normally get a trans tune with the engine tune.