Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SIDI engine development - supercharging

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Been adding that kind of number to Alloytecs for years, the SIDI is no worse an engine, likely a further improvement. The math indicates that the amount of 100 extra is on the very pessimistic side.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Will be very interested to see the results. Adding 100rwkw to a stock alloytec motor maybe, but claiming 355rwkw (at least) from an LFX is going to be an interesting feat of engineering requiring a hell of a lot more modification than just bolting on a blower.

I look forward to watching this space!

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Consider how this VF SIDI made 255rwkw with the torque figure shown on the Dyno chart and you may see how this can all happen

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Clearly I'm not saying it's not possible, anything is possible with enough boost and the right mods. I am saying it will not be as simple as just bolting on a blower, the engine will require significant internal modification and probably rebuilding.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Rough calcs, it means I have to be able to get the torque up from 380Nm to about 490Nm - seems doable, adding 110Nm is a goal

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Clearly I'm not saying it's not possible, anything is possible with enough boost and the right mods. I am saying it will not be as simple as just bolting on a blower, the engine will require significant internal modification and probably rebuilding.

100rwkw is pretty possible on this engine, don't forget we are talking about boost here.
As you have implied though, reliability might be another issue, we will see.

Either way I love the sound of this thing & the current output is marvelous as well. Can't wait to see what it does with boost :)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Omg I'm not saying it's not possible!!! I'm saying you will need to do a lot more than just put on a blower.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Omg I'm not saying it's not possible!!! I'm saying you will need to do a lot more than just put on a blower.

I hear you & I'm saying it will most likely NOT need more done to the engine to make that power. It may on the other hand need extra mods if the engine blows very quickly from all it's new found power.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Sorry for the thread revival, just curious to know if anybody has bolted one of these onto their VF SV6 and what their experience has been so far?

It seems to be a well priced system that could be on my shopping list one day

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
No feedback from owners?