Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS-V Redline vs FG-X XR8

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
And power is everything????? F*** off!! Who gives a rats arse if a Falcon blows me off at the lights? I don't care. I am more than happy enough to have whatever power the SSV has ... PLUS all the fruit that comes with it. AND .... I can add some minor mods to satisfy the power need if I so choose at a moderate cost.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
supercharged v naturally aspirated, not even similar to compare. The SS/SS redline does not even have the KW to match the XR8, even the Nm are down on the SS/SS Redline. Just how I see it.

Holden should have produced a better engine if youre going to use that excuse, there was almost no upgrade to the engine from VE S2 which frankly is just lazy. Holden are just lucky Ford have all but thrown in the towel here in Australia and have had absolutely ZERO advertisement for the new Falcon.

There is no use rocking up to a race and then saying OH BUT SIR HE HAS MORE POWER. The test is simply Falcon v Commodore, a comparrison that has been made since the Commodore was born and even before then.

Both of these vehicles are the top of the line Commodore v Falcon. Both are on a very very similar price point.

If the test was Supercharged Engine v Supercharged engine, there is almost a 60,000 dollar difference, so to the people saying it should have been LSA v Falcon, that is deadset retarded. If the LSA didnt win, there would be GTS owners slitting their wrists Australia wide.

The falcon, hands down, bang for buck, tremendous.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
For a $1500 buck tune only you'll get the XR8 to over 400rwkw, so there goes your "economical mod" theory...

You will have to spend 10 times that on the Redline for the same result.

No, just over five times that. The SSVR then with reliable, comparable power will kick a Falcon 0-100 and down the 1/4 and everyday driving and around a racetrack. 400rwkw in a Falcon is crap, gets mid 11s.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
On the Ford forums they are bitchin' that the article must be wrong. How could the Holden win on the track. Here its almost the opposite. Personally, I couldn't care less what my 0-100, terminal speed or track time is. I love my Calais the way I have it. If I wanted a Ford, (I owned an FG before this Holden I would have bought one.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No, just over five times that. The SSVR then with reliable, comparable power will kick a Falcon 0-100 and down the 1/4 and everyday driving and around a racetrack. 400rwkw in a Falcon is crap, gets mid 11s.
See I don't look at the power it makes, I look at the fact it runs low 11's with a catback, filter and tune on 98 :p

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
What a stupid review, the supercharged XR8 whoops the SS, wow really? As if we couldn't work that out for ourselves, its supercharged!! The SS has a naturally aspirated run of the mill 6.0L, it is the underdog obviously (power wise), but I agree with torana355, put them both on the track and things do even out. Then put a supercharger on the SS 6.0L and its good night Falcon. Can't take away from the fact that the XR8 is a performance bargain though, 335kw straight out of the factory for $52,000 is hard to overlook.......if you like fords. :D
Really....... show me Dealer that will sell an FGX XR8 for $52k plus on roads please?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS

$7500 for a 400rwkw SSV i'd like to see that,

FFAman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
All this talk too of $52K for the XR8 is horribly misleading...

The reality is once you add on-road costs its north of $59K just for manual.