Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

M

MYSSVLS3

Yep yep. That was the Recall mate. To get all the AC DRAIN pipe checked and rectified. Some where made like mine with the AC DRAINING into the Front passenger foot well & Some like my Wife’s Vf weren’t effected at all. But get this right. Our two SSV’s were built together on the production line with all matching numbers just 1 number apart and there was nothing wrong with her car, Yet mine Had all the Recalls for Seatbelt Re tensioner to be fixed. AC DRAIN PIPE to be reset into the right side of the Firewall, Tail shaft wire check and fix and still waiting for the Steering harness to be replaced in my 2013 VF SSV. Yet the Wife’s car is still all good.
I don’t understand.

CHEERS

MR & MRS NITRATE

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Our two SSV’s were built together on the production line with all matching numbers just 1 number apart and there was nothing wrong with her car...

I don’t understand.
Cars aren’t built in VIN order as I understand.... and even if they were its Holden QC/QA at play... and possible added to that is one could have been on a Friday and the other on a Monday....

Better not to think about QC/QA and Holden at the same time :p

PS: the aircon drain grommet goes into a hole on the left side floor turret, not into the firewall...

M

MYSSVLS3

Hey how you doin ?

A friend of mine who works at hsv in Clayton told me they don’t get built one behind the other which is weird. but okay. He did talk about the possibility that the Cars are Wednesday and Friday cars. And as far as the AC thing go’s all I know for sure is that my car was fixed by Holden under Manufacturer's Warranty because my car was flooded inside with whatever came out of the AC. AS far as the AC is concerned it wasn’t where it was supposed to be/ whatever you call it / turret / firewall. Whatever right. Something was ultimately very wrong. Sounds like you worked there huh.

It was also a Nationwide Recall on this fault. This happened only on my 13 Model VF SSV.
Hasn't happened on either of my 17 Model cars though.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hey how you doin ?

A friend of mine who works at hsv in Clayton told me they don’t get built one behind the other which is weird. but okay. He did talk about the possibility that the Cars are Wednesday and Friday cars. And as far as the AC thing go’s all I know for sure is that my car was fixed by Holden under Manufacturer's Warranty because my car was flooded inside with whatever came out of the AC. AS far as the AC is concerned it wasn’t where it was supposed to be/ whatever you call it / turret / firewall. Whatever right. Something was ultimately very wrong. Sounds like you worked there huh.

It was also a Nationwide Recall on this fault. This happened only on my 13 Model VF SSV.
Hasn't happened on either of my 17 Model cars though.

Are you sure they had the contact details for the wifes car? All 2013 VF cars had the recalls for what you stated above. As for the AC grommet, there was a manufacturing process of the robot that failed he grommet as it was loaded into the vehicle. The 2017 model went back to the foam grommet which failed on the MY14 which they were replaced with rubber

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Anthony, not 100% clear now but are you saying the 2014 cars all had foam grommets that failed and were replaced by rubber grommets via bulletin and this fixed the leaks...

Then 2017 cars again had foam grommets installed at the factory so will these fail or not? I was told my Motorsport had this aircon grommet issue corrected before delivery and the rubber grommet installed. Was I told porkies?

BlaserF3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF/S1 SS Storm Ute - quite warmed up
My Series 1 VF did a heater core at 55k. The fix was remove the dash to get to the heater core - $1200 fix.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
So i had my car drivers side leak fixed at Holden today and it was not a blocked windscreen drain or any issue associated with Holden quality. Turns out the retard who fitted the light bar had popped the rubber grommet out of the fire wall to feed his wires through to the dash. Slack arse did not even replace the grommet but left the hole as it was so when heavy rain came it just flooded into the car. ??? So my last two issues with this car have been caused by totally incompetent work from guys that do their trade everyday. This sort of stuff really does my head in especially in Australia where workers get proper money to do a proper job. Oh well, carry on eh.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
@Anthony, not 100% clear now but are you saying the 2014 cars all had foam grommets that failed and were replaced by rubber grommets via bulletin and this fixed the leaks...

Then 2017 cars again had foam grommets installed at the factory so will these fail or not? I was told my Motorsport had this aircon grommet issue corrected before delivery and the rubber grommet installed. Was I told porkies?
They were foam. Changed to Rubber and then they went back to foam. The issue was the were touching the carpet on some cars during installing of the IP panel which damaged the foam. This caused the leaks. I don't know why they would of gone back to foam.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The drain is in the floor. Left side. It’s a rubber part. It’s easy to see how these could leak once the HVAC is ready to come out.

The grommet around the heater hoses is foam. Right side. High on the firewall. I added a bit more too because finding a new one was proving a bit tough.

The TXV has a rubber seal. High on the firewall, left side.

There are also small foam seals/washers that seal the bolt holes that fix the HVAC into place. Use a dob of sealant on these if you ever have the HVAC out.

Cars are not assembled in VIN order.

Looking at my VZ and the **** show that was done with sealants on panels, someone must have had a bad day or a first day. Technically, they can track issues back to who did it and double check cars affected by the muppet involved (or muppets).

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Seems to me that so many issues on cars can be put down to Humans doing sub standard repairs. That been my experience. Example is that a vehicle goes in to have an issue sorted and the dude doing the work has had a fight with his boy friend and decides to take it out on the car.
Dislike getting work done on my car, I'M always wondering how its going to turn out. ????