Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
no noises on mine either and its been almost a year since having the spray applied.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I've sprayed twice in 25k. Cr is 2 years old in January

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Mine doesn't squeak which worries me it might start to do so after my warranty has run out.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Mine doesn't squeak which worries me it might start to do so after my warranty has run out.
Yours might never make this noise. Depends on the batch of windscreen rubber seals.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
I've sprayed twice in 25k. Cr is 2 years old in January
It sounds like I may have the same noise in my VF series 2 SSV which I thought was coming from the dash. However, having read this thread, it seems it could be the windscreen problem as I note that when I wet the windscreen and go for a drive the noise is not there. I am going to book it in with Holden. Just to satisfy my curiosity could someone confirm that this windscreen noise could in fact sound like it is coming from the dash

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Also, it sound a bit like a creaking noise, is that what you guys hear

RastusSSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore VF2 Redline Sedan
Yep spot on. I found the noise very difficult to pinpoint. Initially thought it was coming from bottom of windscreen/dash area. However pushing with pressure on top drivers side screen from the inside would also create the creaking noise. No noise when wet either.

Definitely sounds like you have this issue.

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
It sounds like I may have the same noise in my VF series 2 SSV which I thought was coming from the dash. However, having read this thread, it seems it could be the windscreen problem as I note that when I wet the windscreen and go for a drive the noise is not there. I am going to book it in with Holden. Just to satisfy my curiosity could someone confirm that this windscreen noise could in fact sound like it is coming from the dash
This noise which I thought was coming from the dash, nearly drove me mad. Virtually pulled the dash apart to no avail. The I read the forum and applied the silicone oil to the top rubber of the windscreen. Hey Presto it was as quite as a tomb. No need to take it to the dealer, who may not yet know the cause and go through all kinds of "fixes". Just get a spray can of Silicone oil (Mineral oil will deteriorate the rubber), lift the rubber carefully off the body and spray oil behind it all the way across the top of the screen. You will be amazed at the difference and it is such an easy fix.

myls362

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I have seen reports of noises coming from the heads up display. I doubt the dash is an issue. I found that pushing on the top of the windscreen with the palm of my hand caused a creaking noise. Silicone spray underneath the seal made it go away.

Amelia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV SERIES 11
It absolutely sounds like it's coming from the dash! Reason why it's so hard to diagnose. Definitely try this option before going any further.
Good luck!