Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF USB drive. I have found a winner!!!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
What I have noticed is that the song playing 3 stops previous, is the one that plays on startup.
It's not always the way, but if there is a pattern that seems to be it.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
I was told that the system is not designed for anymore than 32gb by Chevrolet online agent. I gave up trying to sync my 160gb iPod

So did I (give up on my 160gb Ipod Classic), but the 64gb works a treat. Any feedback on 128gb?

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
they look like the go ..I wouldn't leave my old stick in as I was scared I was gonna snap it if I drove my hand in the console ...just ordered the 32gb from flea bay

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
I received mine Thursday
transferred 115gb of music and will try tomorrow.

My 160gb Ipod has been giving me the shits with mylink - have persevered for a year now!

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Can anybody confirm if it's the Ipod software or the hardware that gives us the iPod issues?

I was thinking of swapping out the old iPod Classic 120gb harddisk for a micro SD card with adaptor.

I'm a bit nostalgic and would rather spend $100 on a decent SD Card if it meant keeping my iPod.

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
My 128gb works fine, except the playlist I made with 320 songs it wont read, the other 3 with under 100 worked fine

Also i had to format it in NTFS.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Regular USB's work better than iPods.
That's from my experience anyway.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Well I've bit the bullet and purchased a ZIF (iPod harddrive connector) to SD adaptor specifically for the iPod classic.

I notice the iPod is very slow through Mylink and am hoping it's just the old school harddrive spinning up. I will be replacing the 120gb harddrive with either a 64gb or 128gb SDXC card.

Hopefully that makes it snappier and I can keep my trusty iPod. I love it to bits!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My 128gb works fine, except the playlist I made with 320 songs it wont read, the other 3 with under 100 worked fine
Ta for the NTFS tip ... regarding the playlist, what's the file format?

I've got all my music in an eye-choonz library, which I've not properly synched as I've changed PC's, just copied files around so I don't have any actual playlists ... but am thinking of building some.
So I'm wondering whether to do that in eye-choonz itself (it's a piece of software I'm not so excited about ... but it works & is free & is installed so I use it), or whether to transfer the files to the baby USB-stick which arrives in the next few days & use something else to build a couple of playlists there.

I did used to have a "music" playlist, as I've got a couple of comedy CD's in the library, but if there's going to be a limitation to the number of tracks in the playlist I might just leave the comedy stuff (some of which is skits, some of which is David Hasselhof tracks) off the thumb-drive.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
When making playlists you are basically making a notepad list of the file locations and saving it in different format that Mylink can read.

If you make a playlist in iTunes, all of the songs will have locations such as 'My Music/iTunes/artist/album/song'.

When you copy the playlist onto the stick, those folders don't exist on the USB and therefore the car won't show any songs in your playlist.

I make my playlists in Windows Media Player. I copy everything to my stick first and add them to Media Player, that way they all have a location such as 'stickname/artist/song'

Let me know if you still need a hand