Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Exhaust set up and tuning for the LS3

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Just bought my SSV Redline yesterday and I was quoted $1,500 for tune and Walkinshaw OTR which still includes the MSE (mechanical sound enhancer). Didn't buy it yet but will
How is it possible to keep the intake sound enhancer? The OTR has no provision for this.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Keep in mind there are two versions of the R8 headers (non supercharged of course) The R8 has 2.25inch outlet on the headers for the 317kw model and the R8SV has the 2.5 inch outlet which is the 340kw model. The R8SV headers are rare indeed.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
How is it possible to keep the intake sound enhancer? The OTR has no provision for this.
Several workshops are modifying the backs of the OTRs to accommodate the Sound Enhancer, haven't seen a VCM intake modified, but have seen plenty of the Harrop OTRs get the Sound Enhancer plumbed into the back

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Several workshops are modifying the backs of the OTRs to accommodate the Sound Enhancer, haven't seen a VCM intake modified, but have seen plenty of the Harrop OTRs get the Sound Enhancer plumbed into the back

Interesting. If anyone gets this done I would like to know more :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I just installed a VCM OTR today and took out the MSE and plugged the hole in the firewall with the genuine part that HSV use for the non LSA cars.
Still sounds great when you get up it.

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
I just installed a VCM OTR today and took out the MSE and plugged the hole in the firewall with the genuine part that HSV use for the non LSA cars.
Still sounds great when you get up it.

Hi dgp - do you have a part number for the firewall plate?

Cheers mate

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline

This interests me. Any pics?