Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Ute after market wheels

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Would love to see a pic of them.
Nice wheels, what sort of money do they go for?
Hard to find a wheel 20x10 with an offset higher than +40
Having trouble finding some to clear the rear Bembros. Koya SF04 the closest so far.

Pics are easy, these are all the Vossens owners I’m aware of on JC but there could be others.

You’ll see these cars all run 275’s on a 10.5 inch rear with a bit of a stretched look except for waynebatt who runs a 10 inch.

Whether you like these type of offsets is a matter of taste, personally I’m a fan of less aggression and more width.

After I’ve worn the rears on my car I’m going to experiment with a 285/30R20 tyres.

waynebatt
Vossen VS-1
Front 20x9 with +35 offset & 255/35R20 tyres
Rear 20x10 with +45 offset & 275/35R20 tyres
Photos start at post #57
Press here for the 'Show Off Your Ride' thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vf/246179-our-my15-sv6-storm-sportwagon-6.html

pktAtCGh.jpg

villn808
Vossen CV5
Front 20x9 with +35 offset & 245/35R20 tyres
Rear 20x10.5 with +42 offset & 275/30R20 tyres
Photos start at post #117
Press here for the 'Show Off Your Ride' thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vf/243625-my-my15-phantom-black-ssv-12.html

IMG_9988_zpstwwfac2l.jpg

SUP3RST4R_DJ
Vossen VFS-1
Photos start at post #104
Press here for the 'Show Off Your Ride' thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/208552-sup3rst4rs-2011-my11-ve-ssv-heron-ute-11.html

IMG_40962_zpszjxmjdqw.jpg

VEO55
Vossen CV3
Rear 20x10.5 with +35 offset & 275/30R20 tyres
Photos start at post #1
Press here for the 'Show Off Your Ride' thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/216795-veo55-ss-v-ute.html

IMG_4171_zps72d05a86.jpg

And these are mine:
Vossen CV5
Front 20x9 with +35 offset & 245/35R20
Photos start at post #3
Press here for the 'Show Off Your Ride' thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vf/253214-vf2-redline-ute.html

IMG_4808a_zpsrqkecf4a.jpg

These are a 3 piece KWC forged rim 20x10 on the rear with a +50 offset.

I had them made for my VE Clubsport and they fitted over the HSV brakes but I ended up putting them on my Ute instead. This is them with 285/30R20 on the rear.

This is the same rims with 295/30R20 tyres and they never scrubbed even with a load in the back and this car was reasonably low.

If you want perfect fitting rims then go the forged ‘made to order’ route and expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000 per rim depending on the manufacturer.

Cast rims are usually cheaper with locked in offset but again it depends, as high end rim manufacturers charge good money for high end cast rims and some will offer custom offsets by machining the base plates.

If you go for cheaper 'off the shelf' at the local tyre shop cast rims then good fitments will be very limited.

Of course all this is general rule stuff and there are always exceptions.

I don't know if it's still the case and I'd guess it is but with the VE's there were 'off the shelf' rims being offered which had BMW offsets and they were often too aggressive for the Commodore so you do need to be careful not to fall into that trap just because everything else on paper fits ok.

Last edited:

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Love your work panhead! (And your Ute ).... Sure saved me a lot of time writing. And yeah, head over to my "show off your ride" page OP and there's more photos on there. And also more photos in the vfs1 gallery on the vossen website. And just so you know, I am running VF clubby AP RACING brakes front and rear and the rims clear quite easily. I can provide more photos if you need.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
If you want perfect fitting rims then go the forged ‘made to order’ route and expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000 per rim depending on the manufacturer.

My god that's a lot of dollars, get a cam instead!!!!!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm with ya there..... all show and no go is my pet hate.

Comes down to personal preference I guess and how much money you have to spend. I could have spent mine on the cam ect straight away as you suggested, and look like every other VF on the road. Or do some visual/handling mods first to stand out from the crowd a bit and do the rest later when the money is there.

And I don't really agree that the 6.0l or the LS3 has no go standard.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon

annnnnnd theres only about another 10,000 people out there running the same rims. Yes i do agree they look good, but simply looking good isnt the whole story. Individuality is a rare commodity these days.

And not sure what your obsession with forged is either.... not the be all and end all. Not unless you're going to give them a real bashing on the track or something.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My god that's a lot of dollars, get a cam instead!!!!!

What a waste, that cam money could be put towards forced induction or better still why not fit coilovers, throw on some rims with fat sticky tyres, a blower or twin turbos with a cam to suit and all the auxiliaries needed to make it come together so you are actually getting into the territory of the quick cars.

Why waste a few grand on a cam to still get dusted by a turboed 6 cylinder Ford.

I'm with ya there..... all show and no go is my pet hate.

You can’t help car enthusiasts from being stupid with their money, the way they spend it on mods to personalise their rides so they don’t look like every other run of the mill family performance car.

I’ve read a few times where you’ve been asking about a basic spring setup to lower your car, that must only be for show as the Redline 2 setup is already reasonably good compared to introductory level aftermarket suspension packages.

What power adders have you fitted to your wagon?

Peace friends, there is no need to criticise other members cars, if you don't like them then fair enough but it doesn't hurt to keep the comments to yourself as no one here should really care how others spend their money.

Last edited:

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
What a waste, that cam money could be put towards forced induction or better still why not fit coilovers, throw on some rims with fat sticky tyres, a blower or twin turbos with a cam to suit and all the auxiliaries needed to make it come together so you are actually getting into the territory of the quick cars.

Why waste a few grand on a cam to still get dusted by a turboed 6 cylinder Ford.

You can’t help car enthusiasts from being stupid with their money, the way they spend it on mods to personalise their rides so they don’t look like every other run of the mill family performance car.

I’ve read a few times where you’ve been asking about a basic spring setup to lower your car, that must only be for show as the Redline 2 setup is already reasonably good compared to introductory level aftermarket suspension packages.

What power adders have you fitted to your wagon?

Peace friends, there is no need to criticise other members cars, if you don't like them then fair enough but it doesn't hurt to keep the comments to yourself as no one here should really care how others spend their money.

Ah get over it..... it was said in gest.