Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS Redline Ute - Total Failure / Will Not Start

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
", "wind drivers side window up and down", "wind passenger side window up and down"

that is usually a result of total power loss, its the system asking you to perform a relearn of the automatic window feature.

check that your battery leads are nice and tight.

Last ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS 6.2
that is usually a result of total power loss, its the system asking you to perform a relearn of the automatic window feature.

check that your battery leads are nice and tight.
Thanks. I had just disconnected and reconnected the battery to see if that re-set anything.
I have a feeling it may be the fuel pump now. I can't hear it prime up when I turn on ignition like I used to be able to.
I've tried the fuse and main relay under the battery box and all other wired connecting to the battery.
It turns over really well so it seems, just no fuel getting to the motor.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks. I had just disconnected and reconnected the battery to see if that re-set anything.
I have a feeling it may be the fuel pump now. I can't hear it prime up when I turn on ignition like I used to be able to.
I've tried the fuse and main relay under the battery box and all other wired connecting to the battery.
It turns over really well so it seems, just no fuel getting to the motor.

search the forums for fuel pump, some of the vf models seem to have issues with the plug between the vehicle and fuel pump burning out so you might be correct about it being a fuel pump issue.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE UTE AUTO
Hi.

I have a 2017 vf2 ss.
It seems to have exactly the same issue as you are describing. Similar kms. Also with a battery recently replaced.
Service requests it is displaying were, "service steering lock
", "wind drivers side window up and down", "wind passenger side window up and down"
How did you fix your ute? Hoping you can point me in the right direction of where to start looking.

Thanks.
Hi Last SS,

Not sure why, but i\I only just got notified of other replies to this post now.

Ute ended up getting towed down to local dealer.

Later that day they advised they had found the problem and it was a partially sheered through wire under the driver seat apparently.

About 6 months prior, i had the carpet replaced under warranty as the dealer had done a service on the battery and somehow spilt acid all through the back area behind passanger seat, which ate through the carpet.

They said maybe something got damaged when they replaced the carpet and it then wore away further until suddenly wouldn't work any longer.

Seemed like a pretty unlikely scenario to me so im not sure what to believe.

Anycase... its never had any issues since they 'fixed' this.

Last ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS 6.2
Hi Last SS,

Later that day they advised they had found the problem and it was a partially sheered through wire under the driver seat apparently.

About 6 months prior, i had the carpet replaced under warranty as the dealer had done a service on the battery and somehow spilt acid all through the back area behind passanger seat, which ate through the carpet.

They said maybe something got damaged when they replaced the carpet and it then wore away further until suddenly wouldn't work any longer.

Thanks for that.
I'm taking mine to the mechanic tomorrow.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hi Last SS,

Hopefully the dealer covered all your costs (including towing and any of your incidental costs) since they admitted they stuffed up during the carpet replacement.

Interestingly, the carpet replacement was to fix up their stuff up during the earlier battery replacement maintenance :rolleyes: So it’s sad that out of three activities, they stuffed up twice :mad:

At least this dealer stood by their work (hopefully in the last case as well) as many dealers would simply spin another tail to deflect their culpability and thus cost, so they seem like an honest dealer ;)

[exited to correct “battery replacement” to “battery maintenance”]

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Spilling acid from a fully sealed battery sounds a little suspicious to me....

Must find out how to do that

Also a "service on the battery" raises questions because you dont service a SLA battery.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hopefully the dealer covered all your costs (including towing and any of your incidental costs) since they admitted they stuffed up during the carpet replacement.

Interestingly, the carpet replacement was to fix up their stuff up during the earlier battery replacement :rolleyes: So it’s sad that out of three activities, they stuffed up twice :mad:

At least this dealer stood by their work (hopefully in the last case as well) as many dealers would simply spin another tail to deflect their culpability and thus cost, so they seem like an honest dealer ;)

Only stuffed up once...Lied about the battery acid spillage

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Also a "service on the battery" raises questions because you dont service a SLA battery.

Only thing that springs to mind is a battery load test....Common practice in some workshops, to test how the battery is going....Part of a cars service