Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Race Car - Roll cage now in

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
Hey all, this used to be my road car believe it or not lol, but here are the stats on it

1982 VH Commodore
253cuI V8
M21 4 Spd Box
10 Bolt LSD with the springs compressed to turn it into a single spinner
VSC Roll cage with Nascar style side intrusion bars
Soon to be built is fuel cell protection bars
Kingsprings Superlows in the front
Sports wheel
Stripped interior
Hidden wiring in engine bay
Regrooved Tires
Removed Dash
Doors Stripped
Hell, i may as well say, EVERYTHING STRIPPED LOL
This is gonna be a speedway car, in the standard saloon class, hence the lsd turned into a single (coz im too stingy to fork out for a standard diff for it lol)

Her are some pics off my phone of the build progress

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
Because the governing body of the calss has decided in their wisdom that Locked, Shimmed, or Limited Slip Diffs are not allowed, and if you get caught, first offence will be sent home and no racing for the night, and second time will be 12 month suspension, and i dont want that

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Ah ok that sucks. We have dirt circuit racing here, and I think just about every single car has a locked diff.

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
This thing is finaly finished, and goes well, ill get a pic up soon, but i must say that for a stock 253, it no problem keeping up with, and passing WORKED 302's and 308s on a DRY track, i think what it may have been is the fact that when they were running out of revs, i still had my boot in, im only guessing as i got no tach yet, but maybee 6,500 rpm, with a 2.78 diff in 2nd gear, so i mighta been doin about 120 or so down the end of the straights

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
This thing is now written off. Another car i was passing on the inside, decided to tag my outside rear quater panel, and all that ever does is snap you at full noise (bout 90 - 100kph) head on into the wall, and the damage - not repairable, it even snapped the bolt that holds the alternator bracket to the RH Head, BUT.... The motor started up and idled perfect, so no engine damage at least, RH front wheel has been pushed back 100mm, rail bent at firewall, column pushed up, firewall kinked, trans tunnel has a lil kink near the drivers seat, even the LH rear quaterpanel is rippled, but this is all damage you can expect from hitting a wall at 100kph i guess lol, other things, is radiator is stuffed, the engine fan is not reconisable lol, we had to cut the rh guard off to get it back on the trailer coz it was lokin up the rhf wheel, but the tyre didnt go down, and none of my suspension is damaged, so all i need is another VH rolling shell, and im off racing again, i was coming 4th at the time with one lap to go, and it was the first race of the night. As for injuries to me - - - - - - - - A bit of pain in the jewel factory from the 5 point race harness (i think i might invest in a 6 point, that way there is no belt that runs over my balls lol) which only lasted for about 2 or 3 mins, so ill have to get some pics up for you all to look at

P

Pav

Unlucky mate, thats racing for ya I guess, definitely get some pics up aye. Pity your not in WA I have a nice VK shell sitting in my backyard.

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
Before
11102008058in3.jpg

After
16112008090dc3.jpg

16112008092rn7.jpg

16112008087yl7.jpg

16112008086et9.jpg

16112008091eu6.jpg

16112008084gg7.jpg

16112008089to8.jpg

16112008088wn1.jpg

Last edited:

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
Hello.

Mate i dont like to steal peoples posts. BUT your not responding to any emails or PM's. We done a deal for a diff centre back about 6 months ago. I was quick to do my end of the deal but you end of the deal still has not been made. Just wondering when you will be sending my centre as i NEED IT ASAP!

thankyou
Jason