Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE 2 TONE blue/silver rebuild

VH SLE BLUE/SILVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 2 TONE blue/silver
its just the 1 code but I %100 certain it original two tone. i've read plenty of forums saying not may show the silver code.

brdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK GRP A rep, VH SL/E, BMW 318is
I don't know mate, I have had 2 two tones and they both had the second code. & all others I have seen have both codes. Alot would have been resprayed t/t with the owners trying to pass them off as the real thing, I just don't see why some would have came out with 1 code & others with 2 codes

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
i have an original 82 two tone with matching numbers and history of the car and it only has the one paint code.

brdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK GRP A rep, VH SL/E, BMW 318is
my two tones were both late 83, maybe the earlier models only have the 1 code

VH SLE BLUE/SILVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 2 TONE blue/silver
Just thought id update and let everyone know what's been happening. the rebuild finally begins. Spent the last yr collecting brand new nos items for the rebuild. They include full chrome for front and rear all brand new. Brand new tail lights with new extensions. New after market headlights with clear indicators. New door handles. Even managed to score a new number plate light. One score I couldn't believe was the original velour for the seats and door trims.

First step was to remove door trims and get new ones made up with the new original trim. There currently at the trimmers so should get them back in bout 2 wks.

It's going to be a slow process with this car, one step at a time as I'm not wanting to cut corners or ruin originality to much.

Next step once I get door trims back will be the seats.

Here's a few pics of door trims at the trimmers .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330143515.192770.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330143515.192770.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,068

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I owned a blue over silver 83 vh 253 Auto with electric windows and velour trim.Mine had a sunroof and a Statesmans badge on the bonnet.Could be my old girl.Keep it original.I am rebuilding a VH 185 pack,253 factory side by side twin system.Trying to keep it original as I can.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I had an 83 vh 253 blue over silver SLE electric windows with velour interior, sunroof with Statesmans badge on bonnet. Could be my old girl.Currently rebuilding an 82 vh 253 185 pack with factory side by side twin system.Trying to keep it as original as I can.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Looks like a great old car mate.. My wife had a all blue vh sle, 6 pot, extractors and sprit system.. Great old car it was.. We are looking for a vh sle in blue/silver now too

JORDY2

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979sle commodore
DSCF1937.jpgtry in leave it straight as mate,i didnt know wat i had until i had a close look at my numbers,an wat you guys told me wat iv got.