Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Turbo? What works? Also auto trans question.

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Hey guys, Just wondering what would happen, other than blowing up my auto trans, if i reved the standard 6 cylender in neutral, then dropped it into drive or low or something..
Would the standard gear kill itself first try?

And im thinking of turboing my 202 blue, its bog stock, does the standard motor take low boost turbos?
Im mainly after a increase in acceleration, but not high boost, i would like to use it as a daily still.
I was thinking about putting a rb25, or rb30 into it, but im not sure if thats what i want to do, If i could i would like to keep the motor i have.
Could i use a rb30 turbo or something simmilar? and what would i have to do to get it to work?
Pretty sure a new manifold will be needed, but im not too sure what else i would need to do.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
lol, are you serious?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
It is here in Tasmania....

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i say he should do do it. we should all support his efforts to try something 'different'.

OP, i reckon you should probably stick around 10psi of boost in. stock engines are pretty tough and skylines and silvias all run about 12, so itll be less that those cars. so itll be fine.

do it and post results.

also: pictures, before and after pls

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Ari, Are you serious???

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ari, Are you serious???

Why wouldnt he be? Although i would run around 8 PSI, and use a cork head gasket to minimise the chance of damage to pistons. The cork acts as a natural protecting agent and "absorbs" detonation

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate don't go turbo when you can supercharge it.

Attachments

• holden-six-super&#.jpg
    holden-six-super&#.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,836

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
vk_pdyne_front_big.jpg38_12_sb.jpg

Turbo or blown its been done before what ever you do to to your 202 I can do to my 5with better results. What ever I do to my 5L someone can do to their LS1 with better results. and so on and so on.

Pick a better platform to begin with I have done the blown route, I kept blowing head gaskets, then o-ringed copper gaskets and I broke pistons then I broke rods followed quickly by the block :). it was a money pit. I have the same power out of my 5L, heaps more torque and way way more reliability which is the biggest thing.

If you must play with turbos stick an RB25DETT or an RB30DETT in it, plenty of cheap parts, engines easily modded and way more bang for your buck.

Oh BTW it you have an 8bolt salisbury you may break axles doing the slam into gear thing or bugger up a tail shaft or the lot. Ask questions like that and we think your a tool.