Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH wont start after removal of broken indicator stalk

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Someone with a VC-VH may be able to shed soem light on this one.....

Was changing my indicator stalk (which was destroyed by previous owner, gotta love ebay) and whilst removing i heard a fuse break, assumed it was in the fuse box as somethign shorted out as there were all broken bits at the base of the stalk. Anyway i get the stalk out and try the key in the ignition, and there is no ignition / start / accesories and all my fuses in the fuse box are intact.
Are there any fuses between the ignition wires and those inside the steering wheel furthur under the dash that any one knows of?

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
it might be your circuit breaker two wires go to it in your fuse box there bolted to it might be that or was any of the wires on your indicator stick wired to something else? or check your fusable link umm probly more i can think about ill let ya know keep in touch

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Ok well i replaced the blown fuse, and i still have no power / ignition/accesories. Im gettin desperate now as i need the car. Does anyone know where some more fuses could be is i cant see any up near the ignition barrel or under the steering wheel. As for the circuit breker wires where abouts are they bolted to an do they have a fuse attaced v8commy?

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
no ,no fuse attached its in the fuse box under the bonnet and has to wires bolted to it

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Have you checked the fuses and fusible links in the engine bay?

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
thats what i said but i dont think he did check the fusible link its a little plug near the battery

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats what i said but i dont think he did check the fusible link its a little plug near the battery
I didn't mean to repeat what you said but we posted at the same time and I hadn't seen your reply.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is no fuse box int he engine bay, the only fuse i could find was next to the battery, and it was fine.
It's been a long time since I had a VH but I'm sure there are fuses and relays somewhere in the engine bay