Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH wont start after removal of broken indicator stalk

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
no thats the fuse near the battery take off battery terminals change link then reconnect battery

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
no should be easy mines between the battery and the power steering pump

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
The fusible link is all ok, tested it myself and took it to auto elec to test. he suggested i bypass the red power wire aroudn the plug that goes into the firewall, i went to do this, but it has already been done, and is gettin 7.5 volts. So power is gettin to the firewall. Now im thinking its somethign under teh dash?

Secki

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
turns out it was the fuseable link it must give false reading when not under load. I connected a wire straight from the battery to the positive wire that goes into the firewall and got all my power back. NOw i jsut need to replace my fusible link, can you buy them for you car or do you have to make one?

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
is there power on the ingition switch on the side of the steering coloum (the part that the rod goes into)

i had similar problem on my sle, but i had just nocked the plug of the ignition switch a little all i had to do was give it a wiggle and it was all ok again..

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
if the alternator isnt charging just put a wire from battery to where the red wire go's on the alternator thatll fix it

Secki

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Ive been to every single auto shop in my area, no one has fusible link wire, so im going to attempt to replace the fusible link with normal wire, and a fuse that is rated the same as the link wire, that way if it blows its just a fuse, not the wire. The wires rated to 20amp.