Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: calling p platers who have had instant licence losses for speeding

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Well, I have 11 days and counting left on my current 12 month good behavior lisence. I just recently buoght Reapers HSV VP GTS and it will be on its way in a week. I need to be extra carefull to not to slip up because if I do I jeperdise my future with my new GTS. Im going to be so glad getting my points back, i can relax a little more on the roads and really injoy driving that little bit more. Well, alot more now sitting inside my HSV. :D

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
how do you mean relax? like risk breaking the law again? it shouldn't be any different in 2 weeks to what it is now. Law isn't changing, safety isn't changing, roads aren't changing, physics isn't changing so why should your driving style?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
No actually, it depends on your mood.

Police have moods too, cos they are human. So it does not mean it depends only on the driver's mood. Think about it.

Everyone could have a bad day and that can affect on what they do.

I got pulled over twice for check up within a period of 3 weeks. - Two different officers, One is alright the other is such a *sshole.

So no it does not just depend on the driver.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Well I can only speak for myself. I can say that 99 out of 100 drivers I speak to are easy to deal with. I have bad days at the office as well, but when I'm dealing with someone on the road that has nothing to do with my hassles I'm having elsewhere, I'm completely in the zone.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
Sometimes coppers are unfair, depend on their mood I think.

exactly, depends on the cops mood and your attitude, i always respect em and talk to em, their always reasonable, if ur a cu*t to them, then they will be a prick back

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm going to translate how it feels to be pulled over so you understand (from the innocent drivers point of view)

<greenfoam inside brain> peace and happyness to the world, do be do, ooops don't hit that rabbit, watch that Koala drive a bit slower so I don't get sad from killing moths, follow speed limit, dip beams before the other car can generaly thinking man you are the ace safe driver :D :thumbsup:

WEEOP WEEEEEP (cops siren)
<greenfoam inside brain>GO GOG GOOGOGO you can outrun that spastic van in the VP! FOR SURE! :):):)
<greenfoam outside reaction> slowly drive on for a while then decide to pull over
<greenfoam inside brain> What a *BITCH* of a guy

<police> can I have your license
<greenfoam outside reaction> hands license over
<greenfoam inside brain>SOB wasting my time

<police> do you have a firearm
<greenfoam outside reaction> ?@!#?????????????? no
<greenfoam inside brain> WISH I DID! :ranting: #%$@#%@ sob

<police> ok have a good night
<greenfoam outside reaction> shaking in bezerker rage
<greenfoam inside brain> do a massive peeling burnout as you leave!!:D
<greenfoam outside reaction>drive off slow and save the sideways hormone leveling anger for a few corners later

That might sound funny but that's what happens to me and I guess most people when I get pulled over, it's amazing the effect being told to do something you don't want to do by someone you don't know/don't care about/don't want to have anything to do with can do for your mental state in about 10 seconds flat :).

So just have some kind of understanding that people are going to be in a bad mood but it is absolutely 100% because of _YOU_ the puller overa bad attitude is not something Humans and other forms of life have while going about there normal life (untill they are disturbed)

This perfectly explains most peoples mentailty these days :whistling

metalfossil

Reaction score
This perfectly explains most peoples mentailty these days :whistling

i have to agree with minux. there are just too many idiots driving on the road. I oughta know, I used to be one of them. I learned my lesson, though. I see how(or how i used to be) and I just cringe...

Last edited:

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
From my experience the younger officers tend to be more forceful than the older ones...

The older officers also seem to know what to say to you to make you really understand how badly you stuffed up. When I got caught speeding the officer was very calm and polite, but I felt so embarassed and ashamed after that talk. I still remember our chat every single day.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
just thought id dig this ancient thread up and let everyone know that today was the last day of my 12 month 1 point restriction, and not a single hassle from mr plod.

only things changed on the car were the plates and tailgate(both went on the vp), i didnt really change my driving style, sat on the speed limit, sometimes a few ks over/under, passed a few cops, went past a heap of radars, and not a glance.

so, to the few people who didnt think 12 months without losing a point would be doable, you might want to try harder, or buy a pushie!!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Well done mate. Yeah 12 months isn't that hard. I went 5 years without any points and I DO speed!

I lost my license instantly when I was on my P's as well. But this is going back 11 years when P platers got the full 12 points. But I did have my P's extended for another 12 months. That didn't really bother me though.