Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: RECOVERED: MY17 SSV Redline Sportwagon AMG156 - Monash University, Clayton, VIC

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
someone also posted about their blue VF2 SS Sportwagon getting stolen at a hospital at Clayton yesterday as well. Bit suss........
That’s the car that was stolen before ours.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Electrified door handles like the Rezvani.

Or install a MagnaVolt system.....

Yeah these security issues have all been discussed before, a couple of times, and I’ve even posted that Robocop Magnavolt video in one of those earlier threads. It’s one of my favourite car alarm videos :p:p:p

I do wonder how legal it would be to integrate a taser into a car alarm (no barbs, just stiched into a seat cover). The zapping, followed by the peeing and excrement would be a triple deterrent to a car thief but possibly a deterrent to the owner ever wanting to drive it again :oops::p:p:p

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Wow, you've got me scared to take mine there now. Time to buy a steering lock maybe, I though modern systems had made them redundant.

I think I used to see (or more accurately hear) your car sometimes. Nice note. What a shitter.
Maybe not. Nothing a battery-operated angle grinder can't sort out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
you read the part i said about disabled right?, i think you mean "push" your car 5km down the road or tow it.
Hahaha, yes i read your post but i guess I didn’t register “disabled via the gtk” as synonymous with an integrated immobiliser and vehicle tracker :oops: So yeah, that would help lots in stopping any miscreants from driving off. All clear now:p

Whatever can make the thieves job more involved and take longer is always a good thing as it means they will move on to easier targets :cool:

Its an interesting device for $250 though $180/year for the subscription is annoying considering insurance would only provide a $50 discount on my premium last time I asked. You’d think they’d like to encourage use of such devices as they should heavily reduce theft and/or increase theft recovery (so reducing risk and cost for insurance companies… or do they since insurance aren’t strongly supporting their use?)…

Whatever, it seems time to revisit again getting such a device.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hahaha, yes i read your post but i guess I didn’t register “disabled via the gtk” as synonymous with an integrated immobiliser and vehicle tracker :oops: So yeah, that would help lots in stopping any miscreants from driving off. All clear now:p

Whatever can make the thieves job more involved and take longer is always a good thing as it means they will move on to easier targets :cool:

Its an interesting device for $250 though $180/year for the subscription is annoying considering insurance would only provide a $50 discount on my premium last time I asked. You’d think they’d like to encourage use of such devices as they should heavily reduce theft and/or increase theft recovery (so reducing risk and cost for insurance companies… or do they since insurance aren’t strongly supporting their use?)…

Whatever, it seems time to revisit again getting such a device.

If you are considering the one @stooge suggested, they are on special for the next day (or so) at Autobarn at the moment https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn...PRO2-4G-Vehicle-GPS-Tracking-System/p/ME30605

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Like I said -

Time is 10 minutes for RFID,
Time is 2 minutes for RFA.
And it does/can always work !
Bluetooth works great on my Autel.

2 x JC members have seen it in action.
That's well and good, but they didn't drive away in 2 or 10 minutes in this case, they messed around for 30 minutes to get the car started.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Rotten b@stardos! Gut wrenching to lose a car that way. Brands like Mercs, BMWs and the upmarket European cars get put into containers with new keys and shipped straight to Lebanon where they are sold locally or onsold into Africa. The cars essentially disappear. It's not as if the cops don't know this. They should be looking at all containers heading to Africa but they won't. Begs the question: Why?
As to Holdens I suspect they are stripped for parts or sent to the US as bits for G8s and SS Chevs. They may also rebirth them with VINS from wrecks and totally reprogrammed body computers.

The only way I know how to stop this is to use a high quality steering lock with a pick-proof design and hefty claws that wrap around the steering wheel. Yes, I know they can be defeated by cutting the wheel or (with the el-cheapo locks) freezing the lock with air dusting spray then shattering the lock with a hammer. The thing is that it slows the kid thieves down and they hate to struggle with locks while the alarm is blaring away or there are people about curious about what the hell you are doing to the steering lock.

What gets me is the attitude of the courts to the kids involved. They get a slap on the wrist in Children's court, make bail and go out and steal another car. Rinse, wash, repeat. if it were up to me I'd build boot camps in the remotest areas of each state and territory staffed by the worst Sergeant-Majors you can find. Teach the kids self-discipline, self-respect and get them off the dope. That's my two cent's worth.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Might be VicPol, the biggest organised crime gang in the state.

That may not be so funny.

When my HZ was stolen in 1999 the thieves stripped a few cosmetics from the car then dumped it out at Schofields Airport in Sydney's western suburbs and set it alight.

The fire didn't take and it only did minimal damage.

I received a phone call from the police to say it had been found and if I didn't arrange for it to be picked up straight away it would be stolen again but this time by some members of the police force.

I didn't believe him but he assured me, it would be taken again.

I didn't waste time and drove out with a mate to see what condition it was in, the original Ansen rims had been removed and a set of steelies fitted, the Caprice grille was gone and the jukebox was removed but the rest was intact.

The inside was black from where the fire had been started and part of the underside of the plastic dash had melted and was hanging like stalactites to the floor, I broke them away, leaned in and started the car by pulling the pin where they had broken away the steering column cover.

I then stripped down to my undies and climbed in and drove it to Roseville on the North Shore.

It was a sight when I had to stop at a servo to top her up with some fuel, my whole back, arms and legs were black from soot.

I later read a news article there was a gang of car thieves operating out west that consisted of members of the police force or worked for members of the police force.