Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VicPol to crack down on people driving with their fog lights on

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
OK I'm going to go off topic on a rant here people, sorry.

I hate it when people say that police aren't out solving 'real crimes', what makes speeding (for example) any less a crime then say assault. They both have the potential to kill, probably potential to kill more people with speeding.

Heres so stats for you, all Victorian.

Homicides recorded by offence, 2007/2008 to 2008/2009
2007/2008 2008/2009
Accident - fail to assist - death.......................2.............3
Accident - fail to stop - death....................... 4.............3
Murder..................................................... 98...........100
Accessory after the fact to murder............... 3............. 3
Manslaughter..............................................1..............8
Infanticide..................................................0.............1
Culpable driving..........................................47............47
Drive in dangerous manner causing death.......9.............14
Drive at dangerous speed causing death.........1..............1
Child destruction..........................................0.............1
Abortion.....................................................1.............0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Homicide......................................... 166..........181

If my maths are right then 37.5% of homicides are caused by twats on the roads. We all know how 'love tap' the judicial system is to idiots on the roads, well these are classified as homicides.

In the past 12 months 305 people have died on Victorian roads, nearly twice the amount of people that have been victims of homicide. Now not all of these where due to breaking some serious law, it could have been that 2 second lapse of concentration, or simply not seeing some kid running onto the road, but how can you say that these deaths are any less important. People need to shut-up and take responsibility for thier actions on the road, you do even 5km/h over the limit, or gun it to take that orange light, then prepare to man up and take the fallout when you either get caught or worse.

Now in no way am I saying that people are dying because someone is driving with fog-lights on, I'm just sick of people accusing cops of issuing traffic tickets instead of solving 'real crimes'. End Rant.

Where the hell did I put that flame suit?

:beer chug::rockon::spot on::spot on::clap::clap::yeah::yeah:

Post of the year, love your work.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
O

Now in no way am I saying that people are dying because someone is driving with fog-lights on, I'm just sick of people accusing cops of issuing traffic tickets instead of solving 'real crimes'. End Rant.

This wins idiot post of the year.

How is it police are doing their job when someone dies lol? Its not liek they cannot catch them...they just turn up donuts in hand and say yup, people have died.

So no, they have not solved any real crimes, they have simply turned up to a car accident where they knew the location.

Tough detective workt here.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'm not sure what point your trying to say here Minux, a cop can't stop a crime unless it has been committed, not your standard patrolman anyway. So by the way I have read your post police solve no crimes because they only respond after the crime is committed?? In that case maybe police shouldn't respond to anything.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
How is it police are doing their job when someone dies lol? Its not liek they cannot catch them...they just turn up donuts in hand and say yup, people have died.
Tough detective workt here.

Geez Minux what do you expect the cops to be- psychic? I'm sure the cops would like nothing more than be able to prevent a crime from happening in the first place but this is the real world and it isn't possible.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
wait wait wait... wasnt there a thread called "vicpol something something TINT"?
wtf.... what else are they chasing people around for? and whats a vicpol

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
and whats a vicpol

No powers of deduction?

"pol" = Police
"vic" = Victoria

Get it? Here's a full, countrywide quiz for you...

What's is....

1. QLDPOL
2. NSWPOL
3. TASPOL
4. SAPOL
5. WAPOL
6. NTPOL

and finally, a confusing one...

7. AFP

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
lmao i figured it out after i clicked submit... just cbfed changing it. lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm not sure what point your trying to say here Minux, a cop can't stop a crime unless it has been committed, not your standard patrolman anyway. So by the way I have read your post police solve no crimes because they only respond after the crime is committed?? In that case maybe police shouldn't respond to anything.

Geez Minux what do you expect the cops to be- psychic? I'm sure the cops would like nothing more than be able to prevent a crime from happening in the first place but this is the real world and it isn't possible.

Are people around here really that daft? Where did I say they need to stop crimes before they happen? You are interprating things in an idiotic way. Why am I not surprised.

Lets give an example the the snails. Police attend a car crash where 2 people are killed, sure, they have done their job, but it is hardly policing any law before the fact.
Let's now say those same 2 people who were killed, were killed by a driver who has been driving on bald tyres in a car with bad brakes. Now if Police spent as much time pulling over random cars(actually it is hardly random you can see bald tyres a mile away) as they did sitting on the side of the road with a speed gun or fining cars with tint being 2 dark then perhaps by doing their job they may have saved the life of 2 innocent road users.
Another scenario, criminal breaks into a house, clears out everything you own, it is reported, it takes 2 weeks for the police to turn up to take statements then inform you there is nothing they can do. Another example of them NOT doing their job. Perhaps the time when your assaulted in the city by a group of thugs from some shithole 3rd world country, you go to report it and they tell you there is not much they can do, you then ask why they cannot go patrol the area it happened and they say "the offenders will have moved on". Again not doing their job. I can give hundreds of examples just like this where LAZY **** police force members do not do their job. Funny thing is, all these examples come from serving police who are sick to death of having a force filled with lazy pricks who ruin the name of the vicpol.

So now do you understand? Or still too hard to comprehend? :hmmm:

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Are you in the police force Minux? I dont know how VICPol do it but here in NSW when someone rings and reports a break and enter we get there the same day, often within an hour or so and if we are going to be late the supervisor calls the informant and lets them know. We go in and take details and then I go back and create a computer event and then put a job on for fingerprints to attend. Fingerprints are usually there wihin a day or two because there are only 3 of them doing about 5 towns and we identify items that are ideal for fingerprinting so they are kept aside and they can function normally and dont have to walk around being worried about not touching things.

As for traffic police police hiding on the road catching speeding drivers, this is preventing these accidents from happening. We will never know how many accidents have been prevented because a Highway Patrol car has stopped a speeding motorist and issued a fine and made them slow down. if they hadnt been stopped they could have gotten 5km up the road and had a head on with an innocent couple or hit a tree and killed themselves and any passengers in the car.

I am in general duties at the moment and when we arent responding to break and enters, assaults and the like we focus on traffic, we stop unroadworthy cars and tell them to get them fixed.

Sure there are lazy cops out there, there are lazy people in all forms of employment, but the active and dedicated cops do a bloody good job. But in the end we can only do what we can with the resources we have, if you want fingerprints to get to a job quicker lobby government to get more funding to get more staff, same with police on the street. If our response time is slow its usually because we are underastaffed and over worked not because we are lazy.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
Are people around here really that daft? Where did I say they need to stop crimes before they happen? You are interprating things in an idiotic way. Why am I not surprised.

Lets give an example the the snails. Police attend a car crash where 2 people are killed, sure, they have done their job, but it is hardly policing any law before the fact.
Let's now say those same 2 people who were killed, were killed by a driver who has been driving on bald tyres in a car with bad brakes. Now if Police spent as much time pulling over random cars(actually it is hardly random you can see bald tyres a mile away) as they did sitting on the side of the road with a speed gun or fining cars with tint being 2 dark then perhaps by doing their job they may have saved the life of 2 innocent road users.
Another scenario, criminal breaks into a house, clears out everything you own, it is reported, it takes 2 weeks for the police to turn up to take statements then inform you there is nothing they can do. Another example of them NOT doing their job. Perhaps the time when your assaulted in the city by a group of thugs from some shithole 3rd world country, you go to report it and they tell you there is not much they can do, you then ask why they cannot go patrol the area it happened and they say "the offenders will have moved on". Again not doing their job. I can give hundreds of examples just like this where LAZY **** police force members do not do their job. Funny thing is, all these examples come from serving police who are sick to death of having a force filled with lazy pricks who ruin the name of the vicpol.

So now do you understand? Or still too hard to comprehend? :hmmm:

but if you call up saying that there is a P plater doing burnouts they will come straight away =]