Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vista?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
hey all haven some trouble with vista well im not sure if its that or not but once i turn the com on an it starts up, up pops some error message says,

String PRODUCT_NAME was not found in string table

i woulnt have a cluw what that is an dunno wot to do, its not affecting wot i can do or anything but i just dunno wot it means any help would be great

cheers

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
It's got something to do with iTunes. Do you have it installed on the computer?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
This is a common problem that is normally associated with the itunes instalation, so by any chance have you installed itunes ?

If you have installed itunes, try uninstalling it then re installing it with the latest installation

EDIT: Matty beat me to it

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
oh k itunes is with umm wot the one yahoo?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
k im tryn to uninstall yahoo as i dont use it but it wont let me, comes up with cannot find install log or something. i think i have done something which led to something else lol i hate computers. umm rite is there a way too someone how make my computer (laptop) set bak to say when i 1st got it.

i have tryed to restore it too a point but dont work an i only can do some an other wont let me for some reason. is there like a quik fix sorta thing. sorta like a rebot thingy.

matty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you shutdown the computer, boot into Safe Mode (press the F8 key as soon as it starts to boot up), and you can remove any program there, as it is a very cut down version of Vista. Chances are you won't have networking so you can't access the net in Safe Mode.

jaffa69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
also if u r having difficulty with user account control>>>always always always clcik continue>>if trying a program or anything and it says u need to be logged in as admin click ok>then right click program and select run as admin>>(i work for bigpond and vista sucks dogs ass)

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
(i work for bigpond and vista sucks dogs ass)

haha, no offence meant, but Telstra is a bit worse than Vista ;) O the amount of times I've fixed computers after people call your help desks for help :p

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
SAVE YOURSELF!!!! DOn't install Vista!!!
Its the biggest POS i have even seen in my life, n i've seen elephant sh*t!

Nuffin runs on it properly, nothing has drivers like seriously i have a microsoft keyboard and mouse which they didn't release drivers for! I chews through resources like anything! I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash on a day to day basis and the run 20 times slower on vista than XP and are much more prone to crashing...

N i just spent over 2G upgrading my computer with a 900 bux nvidia GFX card, E6600 Duo 2 Core processor and 2GB of DDR3 ram...

When i had XP it was the fastest thing ever! all the appilication where warp speed. Now i regret installing vista so so so bad... The only upside is that i got it for free from work... If i spent money on it i would have been so pissed of!

Back on subject but!

I got itunes and i've never had that issue...

Though a few programs were f*ckin around till i change their "compatibility" to Windows 2000.

I dunno, maybe that'll help?

matty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree Vista is a POS too, I upgraded to 1g of RAM up from 512mb, no noticable difference, CPU is at 100% all the time, but I CBF going back to XP