Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK dash dismantle

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Hello,

Has anyone had experience pulling off the dash on a VK? What I need to do is take the centre (where the blower controls/stereo) part off. I need to just take the middle of the dash off. Where do I start? Or do I need to pull the whole dash off? I need to put the vacuum hoses back on the blower controls at the back and also straighten up the centre dash because someone previously didn't put it back properly.

Thanks.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Silver said:

I emailed you the other day biut you haven't replied. Why bother offering help if you ain't going to bother? :rolleyes:

matt08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH weekender & 80 series cruiser daily
I don’t know about easy. I pulled the dash out of a VK I bought for parts to put it in my VH. It took 4 hours to pull out then another 2 for the VH dash (bit of practice on the VK helped) and the whole of the next day to put the VK dash into the VH.

That said, if I remember correctly (did it about a year or so ago) you need to pull out the centre consol, then unscrew the bit at the bottom which uncovers the screws holding the centre piece of your dash on. This unscrews at the bottom and is held in at the top by a couple of tabs. I’m pretty sure that is all there is to get the centre out. It was fairly straight forward once i got startded tho it took me a while to work out how to get the blower controls off at the sides. Good luck anyway.

Cheers,
Matt

PS. If you dont mind would you let me know how close to the the correct way of doing it my memory is.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Thanks for that!

W

wise1080

thanks for the guide.. tried ripping the dash out a few weeks back with no success wish i had this guide then.. now i can get the security screws out of the radio and put a new cd in.. :)

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Thanks Scott!