Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk engine conversion

TUDOR666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Hey everyone :) ,
I'm a newbie on here and i was really just wanting to know if i can get some info on any garage/mechanics that sell and fit V8 conversions. I'm looking to do a conversion on a VK Commodore but to tell you the truth i wouldn't know where to start.
I have looked around but I'm not totally mechanically minded so i really wouldn't know what I'm walking into. I just want a little guidance towards a few places that have a great reputation in doing conversions. I'd also love any feedback/ideas if anybody has any.
Well hopefully this finds a few people willing to help. Thanks for your time.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
welcome to the forum have a good read theres loads of good info that people have already asked and been answered

most good mechanics would be able to do a conversion for you, my suggestion, sell your car and buy one already done, it will be cheaper if you paying a mechanic to do it.

check out my site for some of the work thats involved in a 6 to 8 conversion.

TUDOR666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Thanks for the feed back mate. Yeah I was thinking about buying one already done. I guess I just want to see the transformation for myself if you know what I mean. Ill be sure to check out your website when I'm
Not at work. Thanks again

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
Find a vn/vp v8 donor and drop the whole front end, just undo the stut tops and k frame as the vk has the same mounting points