Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Front End Rebuild

diveboy

Reaction score
Hey all,

any one got experince in rebuilding front ends on vk's ?

I got a real nice vk, well, um, had one, G/F drove it into a lancer. lancers don't take much to write off. anyway, I've got the vk and one of the front side members is bent, anyone had any luck in getting then straight with out losing any strenght ? or should I just strip it and find another VK to play with ?

this happend about 3 years ago and the cars been in storage since, I haven't had the heart to decide what to do with it yet.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Mate,sorry to say it ,but It would be cheaper and easier to find another VK.Transfer all your good bits over and respray it. I know it might be hard to do but think with your head not your heart.Cheap VK's are easy to come by.Try the auctions,$100-$1000 tops.

Eav00l

Reaction score
mate you can pick up a VK shell for around 200 bucks and just do a reshell, ive done it, lot of work but u can get a nice shell even maybe a calais with all the power options

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
there was/is a Vk calais on allclassifieds.com.au for $500. It says it has all the options and the only rust is in the spare wheel hole. Think it was the red/maroon 2 tone paint job

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
phat_com said:
there was/is a Vk calais on allclassifieds.com.au for $500. It says it has all the options and the only rust is in the spare wheel hole. Think it was the red/maroon 2 tone paint job

Mate, he posted the thread 3 years ago. Don't you think he would have got another car by now? :rolleyes:

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Unfortunately, once you twist the chassis rail or bend the inner guard, a reshel is in order.
Kain

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
Slim said:
Mate, he posted the thread 3 years ago. Don't you think he would have got another car by now? :rolleyes:

ahahhahahahahaaha :yeah:

diveboy

Reaction score
fear not

the car is still sitting there, pretty.

no, it's about to be stripped, yes, your right, since that post I've had another 2 vk's (both calais) and I now run around in a WB Statesman.

but, my plan is to rebuild 1 VK, it's a fully optioned 202 efi calais (sunroof and all). wrecking the other 2 VKs for parts.

so, hopefully in a few months, I'll have a fully optioned Calais. I started work on it last year, moved house, worked on house, but the cars are now making there way here to have the work done.