Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Motor Removal

madamd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
i am removing my blue 202 and putting another in this weekend or next, i am just wondering if there is any things i should know, i have a vk calais manual that has diagrams on how to do it, and i have to also swap the gas kit over (current engine missing a cylinder and valve sticky we think, done 460000 and has been on gas for 10+ years).

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
make sure you have the necessary gaskets for the engine, new engine mounts, oil, coolant etc, maybe new belts depending on your existing ones, probably new radiator hoses and heater hoses would be a good idea at the same time along with a new thermostat. Put the new engine on TDC on #1 before you put it in.
Check to see if the rear main was leaking is so stick in a rear main before putting in the engine. If your car is a manual or auto make sure the doner engine was the same else you may need to put a spigot bush in the end of the crank.

cheers
Scott

R

rattattack1313

Top Dead Center....... the piston being at the top of it's stroke......

madamd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
ah thanks, btw i have found a original km's motor with 201, 000km on it for $350 which im most likely getting