Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Wagz EFI 5L 5spd

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I'd have to have a look at it b4 I made an offer aye. Have ya got a rough figure in mind?

When I lost my licence, the courts gave me 3 years, and motor reg gave me an extra 1.5yrs from when the 3yrs finishes due to demerit points. April 21st 2012 will be 3 years up that the courts gave me, and I might be able to appeal the loss of demerit points. Gotta speak with me lawyer tho, I might be better off waiting the last 1.5yrs coz if I can appeal it, I might end up with 1 point for 2-3years or sumfin. So not 100% sure wat the go is yet.

At this stage the HQ is goin white.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'd have to have a look at it b4 I made an offer aye. Have ya got a rough figure in mind?

When I lost my licence, the courts gave me 3 years, and motor reg gave me an extra 1.5yrs from when the 3yrs finishes due to demerit points. April 21st 2012 will be 3 years up that the courts gave me, and I might be able to appeal the loss of demerit points. Gotta speak with me lawyer tho, I might be better off waiting the last 1.5yrs coz if I can appeal it, I might end up with 1 point for 2-3years or sumfin. So not 100% sure wat the go is yet.

At this stage the HQ is goin white.

No worries, it's in alot better condition then Kevins Premier I can say that much. :p I asked dad about it and he said about $3000 if I decided to.

Oh sheesh, Hopefully you can get it all sorted out man.

Ahh, Your really not a colour person are you? aha, White VKs and Black VTs

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
No worries, it's in alot better condition then Kevins Premier I can say that much. :p I asked dad about it and he said about $3000 if I decided to.

Oh sheesh, Hopefully you can get it all sorted out man.

Ahh, Your really not a colour person are you? aha, White VKs and Black VTs

$3000 sounds pretty reasonable, so when I decide if I want one or not I'll hit ya up again and if ur keen I'll come for a look. Yeah well ya can't go wrong with white lol. But not 100% certain on it yet. We wanna do a flat colour as it's the first paint job we've done/doing, but might still end up a different colour.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Bought a brand new set of 20's the other week (first time I've bought brand new mags). Chucked them on the wagz....but yeah don't like them on there. Definitely goin back to stockies with hub caps lol.

I don't think they suit it coz they're shiny bling bling wheels on a nanna-spec VK.....they just don't go together.

Photo-0081.jpg

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
I reckon if u chuck a set of vk calais side moulds on man those wheels would look heaps better coz they would blend in more but a tidy wagz all the same

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
its because VK's with EFI 5L's need deep dish rims!

thought 20's wouldn't even fit on a 1st gen commodore?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
I reckon if u chuck a set of vk calais side moulds on man those wheels would look heaps better coz they would blend in more but a tidy wagz all the same
Yeah might leave em on there a bit longer. Just gotta spend a bit of time neatening it up a bit more so they look nice on there.

its because VK's with EFI 5L's need deep dish rims!

thought 20's wouldn't even fit on a 1st gen commodore?

I had dish 20's on me other wagz which looked pretty nice. I've always liked dish, never wanted to get mags with no dish, but ended up with a set of these in the 19's which I didn't mind, so decided to bite the bullet and buy a set in the 20's.

My other wagz was running 225x35x20 and the fronts rubbed on the spring seats, so moved the seat up 10mm and it was fine. I've heard of other people having 20's on their early girls without having to do anything to make them fit, so thought I'd take the risk and buy 225x30x20's, and they fit fine. Even as low as it is it only scrubs a little bit going thru deep spoon drains on angles (the particular spoon drain is on and angle in the road, we don't go over spoon drains on an angle normally lol). Even had a 4th person in the back 2night and it didn't scrub at all. Not bad considering I'm not even using an adjustable panhard rod either lol.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Sorry I agree either go Cali's spec or turf the 20's bro..

Love the rig though!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Decided to go back to stockies, so the 20's are decoration for me bedroom lol. Went camping over easter and had to take bitumen roads everywhere which wasn't much fun, don't mind the back roads lol. And chucked the towbar back on so we can now put our tinny on the back.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Since recently giving the motor the hardest time it's had since I built it, it seems to have loosened up or sumfin. Just took it around some back roads floggin thru the gears...and yeah it's now showing alot of improvement! We've revved it pretty hard before, but this time we held it longer thru the gears. Does this normally happen with new motors?

I'd love to pull the motor back down to inspect the bearings, but really couldn't be stuffed. After we have a new daily sorted I might do it I rekon. See how we go!