Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Wagz EFI 5L 5spd

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yeah mate a few weeks ago. Bit disappointed with the outcome, but I built the motor so I can only blame myself....the motor is only as good as the gear I put in it...but thought it would of pulled more.
DSCF9484640x480.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yea that is a tad low but power doesn't seem heaps smooth.. Was it a decent tuner?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
It's probably due to the manifold. It's a shitty poocomp low rise manifold, and apparently it's not letting the carby atomise the fuel properly, so he had to jet it up a fair bit to compensate (put 80's in it). I told him to do what he had to, to get the most power out of it. So yeah it's a bugger in the mornings (mainly coz no choke tho lol), runs rich on idle and low in the revs, still runs a tad rough until ya mash the pedal...and now sometimes it's started to run on after ya turn it off. But he said he put the timing at 16 degrees and I might have to back it off a fraction if it starts pinging. Will be all good when I change it back to EFI lol.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
16degrees base timing? Pings surely...

Yea go a decent Efi setup and good manifold, and it should be alot nicer:)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Nah hasn't pinged yet. Hasn't been out on a real hot day since tho, maybe it might when the weather warms up, but by the time that happens it'll be back to EFI already. Yeah not gonna worry bout anything flash when it goes back to EFI (got my other wagz which I'm building to take a floggin lol)....will probably throw the stock cam in, stock rockers, stock manifold, stock injectors..... after all it's suppose to be our daily and road trip car lol. It's handy, I slept in the back of it over Easter, and chucked the tow bar on the back the other day so we can now launch the boat.

DSCF9659640x480.jpg

DSCF9756640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Finally finished throwing the injection gear back on the other day. Still running the 284 cam and roller rockers, and sent the memcal to Greenfoam to tune it to suit. Only had it rego'd for a few hours before we snapped an axle and just about killed the clutch. Picking up a VL diff to throw in this arvo, gonna leave it open centre though, driving around with the locked diff was starting to get annoying lol.

_DSC0130640x480.jpg

vk355efi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk wag
hey daany8 that wiring diamgram them vn plugs are tyhey coming of the engine harness or comming from in the cabin cheers vk355efi

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
They're the connectors on the VN engine harness. If you plug the VN engine harness onto everything on the motor, the grey and black plug are on the driver side where the battery normally is in the VN. The white plug is near the ECU. There's also the ALDL connector near the ECU, that doesn't get plugged into anything.

Few things I forgot on the wiring diagram was the main power harness. Pretty much the loom which goes from the positive battery terminal around to the starter motor. And 2 more wires ya need for everything to function....the starter solenoid wire. It's purple I rekon and it goes from near the battery around with the big power cable to the starter. The VK will have it in the big connector near the brake booster. Put a wire going from the VK plug (pretty sure its purple) and run it down with the other wires and join it onto the purple wire in the VN power loom which goes to the starter. And also can't remember what colour, but ya need to hook up the alternator charge light, if ya don't the alternator won't charge automatically when ya start the car. That's also in the VK plug near the brake booster, check a wiring diagram to find what colour. And that needs to be joined to the VN alternator wire, there's 2 but can't remember which one it goes to, one or the other lol.