Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl 2 Vk

M

minafota

After hitting the trees and wiping out the complete front (less the engine, left untouched) of my vl im wondering if it would be possible to get a cheap vk shell and transfer everything from the vl into it, without a hickup. Am i able to just drop the rb30 into the vks' bay? As you can tell im sort of new at this.
Cheers

chuck

Reaction score
It can be done its not hard if you have a little time and you know how to turn a spanner. front sub(K) frame needs to be swapped cause the vl engine and gearbox mounts are different along with fuel tank filler neck tank and all other accessories . GIVE IT A GO. Its been done before

R

rb30vk

yes it can be done i have a 1985 vk commodore wagon and i am running a rb30e in it with the 4 speed auto gearbox you have to change the kmac brakes more or less to say the whole front end has to be changed struts,brakes,rotor's,tail shaft,radiator,then you have to go through and do the whole computer and wiring to everything inside the car also u need a v8 3core readiator because the different sides .........but it is easy to do as he said before u need time and spanner's to do the whole lot but it's worth it in the end trust me on that