Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Commodore factory central locking trigger wires for aftermarket remote central locking

Brandon87Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Berlina, 05 VZ Senator
Thought I'd post in here as it might save someone the hassle and hair loss as it did to me. This is for adding a aftermarket remote central locking module to the factory central locking system.

The lock and unlock trigger wires that run to the driver's door switch (grey and tan) don't seem to work properly and trip the circuit breaker when trying to use them. Most aftermarket systems use a negative trigger and you'll have to switch it over to positive trigger which is either inside the motherboard or externally on a switch depending on which one you have.

I got the trigger wires from the central locking relays in the fusebox and they're both from pin 86.

Relay "F" pin 86 (black with red tracing) is the lock trigger wire

Relay "G" pin 86 (Light blue) is unlock trigger wire

Hope this helps someone as it took me countless hours and three different attempts trying to figure why a not so hard job is proving to be very hard haha