Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Commodore Sub Box

V

vlturbo

Anyone made a sub box for a vl commodore sedan that fits into the wierd shaped boot.

86VL5spd

Repn RB 20-10
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Hey vlturbo,

Ive made a sub box for my g/fz vl, You no how in the vl boot it steps up at the back of the boot. Well i made the sub box to fit there so i still have boot space.

THis sub box wasnt the easyest to make tho coz on the angle of the rear seat and so forth.

But its worth donig coz u will stil have mass boot space.

if u want nemore info il try n help.

Damo!!!

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
*Edit* See Below for Chris's Boot pictures

Pictures of my mate Chris's boot, after seeing heaps of VL Boot setups this one takes the cake for how tidy it is and how much room is still availible. If the amp was flush mounted it would be the 'perfect' low budget VL boot.

Not to mention the 0 Wank factor

Below is a link to a great thread that should give you some idea's.

http://www.ozperformance.net/forum/showthr...05&page=1&pp=30

Enjoy

Jake.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i want to do that same thing did you know how much the carpet set him back, i've got an endless supply of wood

have fun

scott

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
It was professionally done that one, all up he paid around $500 I think.

The idea is there and if you've got the MDF, Carpet and the patience it can be done a sh!tload cheaper.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
thats muh boot

basically all it is - is a box made for the two subs, the box is made to the subs specifications etc.. close enough anyway, but im trusting the guy that did it went the right way about it.

so you've got the sub box, a thinner piece of that chip board stuff (the stuff that the tack onto the back of cabinets etc?) thats been cut into a U shape, to go on the left hand side of the box, and right hand and underneath. That combined with the spare tyre cover, false floor, and amp on the side wall, gives me fairly close to all carpet.

And yeah that price sounds about right

Around about the time I got it done I copped a heap of crap from a work mate
Who kept reassuring me he could do a good install for a carton of beer. However, I've seen home installs and I've seen professional installs. And they *are* worth the money.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing