Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl executive preferred oil.

john_mete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Executive
alright so i think im gunna go with the 20w50 and see how that works out, then try 15w40 again after about 6,000kms.

thanks for your help guys

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I go with what is recommanded dude, 20 50w for sure its a 6!!... keep that and never change it again...the more money u spend on oil the better it will be for ur car..

a tool i knew used black and gold brand oil in his v8 vl, that didnt last long at all car went bang!!

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I use Penrite Sin 25 in my VL. Bloody hard to get around here though.

john_mete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Executive
rofl black and gold oil, what was ur mate thinking lolz.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
rofl black and gold oil, what was ur mate thinking lolz.

stuffs me prolbey wanted more fuel, i didnt like him anywayz, he thought he was king with an 8 :bow: lol!:p

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
I go with what is recommanded dude, 20 50w for sure its a 6!!... keep that and never change it again...the more money u spend on oil the better it will be for ur car..

a tool i knew used black and gold brand oil in his v8 vl, that didnt last long at all car went bang!!

what does that have to do with what grade oil it takes ?? just because its a 6 doesnt mean it takes thicker oil. for example a BA falcon takes magnatec 10w-30 even thinner again

Leroy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I've been using Penrite 20-60 in my vl for 7 years now changing the oil and filter every 5000. It's pretty expensive s*** and some people say it's excessive but I figure grease and oil are cheaper than parts. What do you guys think about that grade? Been using it since it had 170000 now done 240000 and no probs, singing like a bird. :thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
what does that have to do with what grade oil it takes ?? just because its a 6 doesnt mean it takes thicker oil. for example a BA falcon takes magnatec 10w-30 even thinner again

as said above, oil is cheaper then parts.. :thumbsup:

but hey use any oil u like..