Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl fuel problem i think???

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
i have a problem with my new vl i thought it was the fuel pump but changed it and is still doing it it start and runs then dies then wont start if you leave it for awill it will start but just dies any ideas it semes like a fuel problem but may be wrong any help will be reatly apreciated cheers

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
also its a 5 speed and it wont stay in 2nd unless your powerin on if you drive it like a bi#$h it jumps out have brought some nulons treatment but want to change oil aswell how much does the 5 speed hold 2ltrs????

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Have you checked to make sure the fuel lines aren't frayed or pinched/blocking fuel? Also, could be the CAS. I swear someone recently posted a thread with these symptoms..

If you need it, read THIS ARTICLE Detox Nath posted, cos' it's probably the problem

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
yea just been lookin round and seen that tread sounds exacly the same my mate that i brouht it off of has had the cas replaced but is suppost to be a common problem ill change it and see what happens cheers

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
sound exactly like a CAS problem.... when they r failing they will do this as they get warm and once cooled will be ok again.....
when u changed your pump which one was changed as there is 2 (inertia in the tank sits in the swirlpot) and the highflow pump sits on the outside of the tank

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
the high flow one also i think its the regulator the one just befor the fuel pump

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
hahah people remember when you clean your engine and it breaks down check for water it ended up being water in the plug of the cas what a noob