Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL indicators dont cancel

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
I have searched and found 2 threads with the same problem and someone said something about springs being broken which makes sense...i bought a BRAND new indicator stalk, replaced that, still the same problem so now i have pulled my steering wheel off and am trying to figure out why my indicator wont auto cancel when the steering wheel goes straight. If someone could tell me how to fix this that would be great, Pictures would be sweet too! cheers fella's

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Got nothing to do with the indicator stalk. When you take the steering wheel off and use the indicator you see a little metal clip that holds the indicator on/off.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the spring attaches to that. If the spring has come loose then it won't cancel. Worth looking for yourself there

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
do you have an aftermarket steering wheel with a boss kit?
there is a little lug on the back of the steering wheel or boss kit that catches the indicator switch on the way back to a straight position, on a standard wheel it may be broken, on a boss kit- the wheel has been attached incorrectly and it may be 90 - 180deg out.
my boss kit is out and only cancels the indicator out on a hard left U turn and won't cancel on a right turn, and I am to lazy to fix it.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
had the same problem in an old vk i had, put a wood grain steering wheel on it and from then on with the boss kit had to manually turn off the indicators.

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No my steering wheel is stock!

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
there are 2 wire springs of different colors can be seen by removing swheel

they can be installed wrong way around
also another long spring that I dont know where you get that also brakes and can be put back backwards

its unusual for both wire springs to break

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
i have only one spring in mine and it only cancels one way.. if i move the spring to the other side it cancels to that side...

thus indicating its the springs are responsible. well for me anyways

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have only one spring in mine and it only cancels one way.. if i move the spring to the other side it cancels to that side...

thus indicating its the springs are responsible. well for me anyways

I fixed this ages ago, yes your right, i also made a thread on how to fix it with pics for anyone else having problems.