Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL trans and engine removal

DBH87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Hi I’m having a go at removing the engine and transmission at the same time. I’m sure I’ve got everything undone around the engine etc . I’m stuck with the transmission as in I don’t know what to leave and undo obviously the tail shaft comes out. Any advice will be welcome

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
I've had a go at removing the engine and trans together and it went pretty well, although it was a auto.

Once everything is disconnexted in the engine bay You, You need to remove the tail shaft from the trans. Remember to draw a line where the tail shaft connects to the diff so it goes on the same way.

Once the tail shaft is out of the trans, you need to use something to plug the hole where the tail shaft comes out from or trana oil will leak. Then you disconnect the auto shifter link on the trans, the speedo cable then put a jack under the trans and remove the cross member then the trans mounts then the jack should be supporting it.

Once everything is disconnected in the engine day, you lift the engine with the crane.

It's so much easier with two people too haha