Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 3.8 Turbo Wagon

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey mate, did ya notice a difference after fitting the front strut brace? Ive seen a few going pretty cheap, but i just dont know if it's worth the purchase??

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Nice wagon mate looks like it would fly, GL with head gasket.

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
new dump pipe gets fabricated up next monday at Fyshwick Exhaust Centre, sick of the current one hitting the strut tower and chassis rail. That means some coil pack relocation over the next few days, to up behind the passenger side strut tower. Only thing im not keen on is buying new leads, these ones are barely 5000ks old... :(

Will get pics up once done.

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
coils wiring now sorted- i've added 40cm of length to 6 of the wires, and will be mounting the coil packs near where the boost pipe comes up through (old airbox location), or in front of the strut tower on the passenger side- hoping to put them down near the airbox location, but it depends on what i can sort for ignition leads. this will move them far enough/low enough away that they dont get roasted by the under-bonnet heat, which is apparently what kills them. Going to buy leads at lunch today, and will have pics up tonight!

Last edited:

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
im liken how this is going i have a boosted vs wagon and man the people that are spun out when you blow them off a set of lights and hand there asses to them lol im only running 6psi yeh its small boost but its enough to make a stock 5l v8 cry good luck with it all and keep us updated

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
wow, its been forever since i got on her to update this thread....

Coils are now behind the engine, bolted to a bracket on top of the gearbox, i have a new 3" dump pipe that doesnt touch anywhere (but still needs ceramic coating), have just installed a pro-ratchet shifter and a fully built full-manual TH700 from Craigs Autos goes in early next week, im making a trip up to sydney to have them fit it for me on site.

Got all i need now for the tuning- 36lb fuel injectors, Walbro pump, 3 Bar Map sensor, and im currently pricing my options. At the moment, its looking cheaper for a Haltech E6GMX + custom tune (1250 for ECU + 600 for tune) as getting a Kalmaker job done on the factory ECU..... (1500 for tune, plus 600 to unlock the Kalmaker Key... or something like that). Once i decide (and once auto is in) its off to the Dyno, followed soon after to WSID. No idea what it'll make on the 8psi i want to start with, but should be enough for a 13, fingers crossed. :dance:

We're keeping the stock convertor, and using the turbo's fast boost response to run quick using lots of low/midrange torque more than horsepower.

I'll get some new pics up soon in relation to all the new stuff i've done!! Therers a lot of changes....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my wagon did 13.9@106 on low boost 7-8ish psi traction was an issue off the line

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
What has the turbo set up cost so far Delco?