Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN and VP have different parcel shelves

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I just wanted to know if anyone can have a look up at the parcel shelf from inside the boot in a non IRS VP and tell me if there is a hole under the high mount tail light. It's just that I noticed my VP has the hole and the VN is all solid and I didn't think there was any differences between the shells. Now I'm wondering what else changed in the shell from VN-VP.

Oi Airstriker fix that title to say parcel shelves :) I've breathed to much bushfire fumes today :D

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
VN didnt have the high level brake light, They had all 4 lights in the back, the ones with the high level only had 2.
Thats probley why theres the hole.
Some VN's didnt have rear speakers.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VN didnt have the high level brake light, They had all 4 lights in the back, the ones with the high level only had 2.
Thats probley why theres the hole.
Some VN's didnt have rear speakers.

You just solved a massive mystery for me. I was talking about this to VN2NV. When I went for a roadworthy on my VP they made me have all 4 rear brake lights working but there was no wires! and there wasn't any on the VN I got a spare loom from at the wreckers. So anyway I rewired it and now have 4 lights and the high mount light all working :p.

But besides that little mystery, my VN has the high mount, just the same as my VP but the hole isnt there on the VN

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
something i've been wondering myself. would a parcel shelf from a VP with highstop light fit a VN without. my VN had some sort of plastic highstop light fitted but it was plastic and the sun damaged it overtime and it rattled like a biatch so i got rid of it but i should have one for the next WOF (6 monthly inspection)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
you shouldnt need one, as it wasnt fitted from factory. unless of course you want one fitted.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
My s pack had back speakers & high mount light....

Cheers
MaT

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
vn series 2 has only two lights too. i had to change my girlfriends mums car. then i looked on mine to realise it was standard like that.
the high mount tail light you are talking about. i take it you mean the one sitting on the parcel shelf. i have had 3 vn's, two series 1's and one series 2 and the parcel shelves have been the same from what i can tell. and they have all had the light sitting on the parcel shelf.
maybe it was changed in vp.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
parcel shelf light is there if you didnt have a spoiler with a light in it. i have a parcel shelf light in my vn

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vn series 2 has only two lights too. i had to change my girlfriends mums car. then i looked on mine to realise it was standard like that.
the high mount tail light you are talking about. i take it you mean the one sitting on the parcel shelf. i have had 3 vn's, two series 1's and one series 2 and the parcel shelves have been the same from what i can tell. and they have all had the light sitting on the parcel shelf.
maybe it was changed in vp.

nononooono forget about the lights, I wasn't really talking anything about lights :) the VN and VP brake light on the parcel shelf are the same but the ******metal panel******* parcel shelf itself is different that's all I'm saying here