Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN electrical problem - plz help!

wezzy

Reaction score
Hi All,

VN S2 91 model:

When you turn on the parkers or headlights, the right indicator light stays on.

Just today my right hand side indicator stays on when the parkers or headlights are on, and doesn't work when indicating. Left hand side is fine and works with parkers/headlights. It just stays on!

I checked fuses relays etc and couldn't seee anything obvious. Now when I indicate without parkers, the dash cluster flashes with it.

I checked the back of the car and evrything is flashing all at once, like parkers, indicator, boot lamps etc.

I'm just gonna book it into the auto elecs, but any advice people can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers,
Wes

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Interesting....i dunno what it is but i have seen 2 VZ cop cars with the same problem...parked on the side of the road with their right hand indicator stuck on...not flashing just on the whole time.

Auto elecs will fix it pretty quick i presume man... Perhaps a short in the wire or something or the indicator wires touching the wiring for the parkers?

wezzy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input, can anyone recommend an auto elec in the south eastern suburbs near Clayton or Mulgrave area? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Wes :)